Community_discussions_small  

Question

Hey, anyone on the Asian Adventure Jan 20th 2013?

31 Oct 2012 Rosiemonty asked

Default_avatar

Hi, I've recently booked on this tour. Will be my first Contiki and I'm going solo-have no idea what to expect?! Wondered who else has booked?

• 1 Nov 2012 Devvyn said

Devvyn

Yup, I’m doing the full indochina adventure though :) This will be my 6th tour. I’ve done 4 tours solo and you dont have anything to worry being solo!

• 1 Nov 2012 Devvyn said

Devvyn

I’ve just created a facebook group for our tour if you want to join up

http://www.facebook.com/groups/299397850174076

• 1 Nov 2012 Rosiemonty said

Default_avatar

I’m pleased to hear from someone with experience of Contiki, I’m guessing as this will be your 6th tour your you’ve been impressed by them?
    I’d love to join Facebook group, but I’m not currently on Facebook.
    Bit of a silly question, backpack or suitcase?

• 2 Nov 2012 Devvyn said

Devvyn

I’ve done 1 ‘Contiki’ tour before, the other tours have been with other companies (but exactly the same thing).

I’ve got a suitcase which has worked well for me around Europe\US\NZ but I’m thinking of getting a backpack as I’m thinking the streets in Asia won’t be as friendly for suitcases. I’ve seen people on past tours with both so it ends up being personal preference really

• 2 Nov 2012 Eleonore said

Eleonore

Hi !
    I’m doing this tour too! I can’t wait for it!
    Nice to meet you guys :)
    I will take a backpack.
    Devvyn, I will join your group on Facebook ;)

• 2 Nov 2012 Gabriela said

Gabriela

I am also going on the 14 day asian adventure tour, its my first time and I am solo too! I am taking a big travel backpack, that way my hands are free when we are carrying around our luggage and its safer I think, less likely to lose it somewhere. I have a friend who went solo on a contiki tour a few years ago, she made a life long friend who has since travelled to canada and now I am travelling to oz to visit him!

• 2 Nov 2012 Gabriela said

Gabriela

Check out the Deuter 55+ 10 Quantum backpack, there is a mens and womens model. I did a bit of research, this backpack has it all. Comes with a day pack that snaps on so you don’t have to carry it seperately, and has a tarp stashed in the bottom that zips over the entire pack to protect it from water and dust and such.

• 3 Nov 2012 Devvyn said

Devvyn

According to the Contiki Meetup group it does :) All the Vietnam Highlights, Vietnam Experience and Asian Adventure tours starting on the 20th

• 3 Nov 2012 Rosiemonty said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the luggage advice, I’ll have a look at the backpacks.
    I’m pretty sure I’ll have more questions before the trip! Looking forward to it though and counting down the days already!

• 5 Nov 2012 tace said

tace

hey everyone! my boyfriend Tom and I have booked the asian adventure tour :) so excited.
    I have done the Vietnam Experience Contiki tour this year and am back to do the rest of se asia. It was amazing and so much fun! took a back pack which was a lot easier.
    see you guys in bangkok :)

• 5 Nov 2012 Devvyn said

Devvyn

Hi tace, good to hear the trip was good, I’m glad I booked it then :)

I’ve made up a Facebook group if you want to join? There is a few us in there already

http://www.facebook.com/groups/299397850174076

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.