Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is there anyone moving to London in 2013?

1 Nov 2012 jaimi asked

jaimi

hey all! Is there anybody moving to London in 2013?
I am currently 22 years old living near Melbourne, Australia.
Next year i will be on a working holiday visa and plan on being there in March.
Is there anybody else thinking of doing the same thing? :)

• 1 Nov 2012 Ell said

Ell

I’m leaving the end of May to start my working holiday too.. Im 21 from Geelong near Melb!

• 1 Nov 2012 jaimi said

jaimi

I’m from Geelong! haha small world!

• 1 Nov 2012 Ell said

Ell

haha thats awsum! r u doing a contiki or something in march?

• 1 Nov 2012 jaimi said

jaimi

Im thinking of doing the Great Britain & Ireland Tour like the first week. Still not sure though atm! Are you doing a contiki?

• 1 Nov 2012 Ell said

Ell

I really wanna do Great Britain and Ireland at some point.. I’m doing the European Adventurer on May 24th and then meeting a friend in Spain for Pamplona the start of July

• 4 Dec 2012 Jenna said

Default_avatar

I’m moving to London end of may , I’m from gold coast . I was thinking of doing Ireland contiki too :)

• 5 Dec 2012 jaimi said

jaimi

oh how exciting! :)
    how are you going organising everything? stressing as much as i am? haha

• 5 Dec 2012 Jensy86 said

Jensy86

Hey, I’m moving to London end of March for a working holiday. Doing the Ulimate European contiki & finish that in mid May, i’m from Brisbane QLD :)

• 5 Dec 2012 jaimi said

jaimi

oh awesome! have you got a job lined up for when you finish your contiki or just going to look after it? im in two minds what to do with myself lol

• 5 Dec 2012 Jenna said

Default_avatar

Well the contiki I’m looking at doing only goes for like a week but I was hoping to meet people staying in London, I haven’t lined anything up as far as work goes I was gonna just wing it, I have heard there’re heaps of job agencys that get u bar jobs really fast so kinda relying on that. I wanna do Spain in July the racing of the bulls and then octoberfest in September. I was in London last year and did the ultimate European it was so awesome never drunk so much in my life lol! Yes I’m totally freaking out cause I know no one over there and I’m totally just going with the flow haha. How are your plans going have u organized work?

• 5 Dec 2012 jaimi said

jaimi

Nah I havnt organised work either, just gonna wing it like you haha. Oh yes, octoberfest would be awesome, I hope to go there next year also! Oh u are game to run with the bulls!haha I think I’m pretty much organised, almost really to open a bank account wichis kind of annoyin to do lol. But yeah. I’m excited :)

• 5 Dec 2012 DK said

DK

Yep, Moving to London in April, hitting up Ultimate European, then hopefully going to settle into london afterwards and find some work.

• 6 Dec 2012 Jenna said

Default_avatar

Haha not not keen to run with them at all have u watched the YouTube videos of them lol. I’m so not organized at all I only decided about a month ago I wanted to move over soo booked my ticket soo gotta organize visas bank accounts and everything . Do u know any people over there

• 7 Dec 2012 jaimi said

jaimi

haha i was gonna say! well the visa is easy to do, it just drives you slowly insane, well drove me insane…double checking and triple checking that you have all the right documents. But apart from that, its easy peasy lol. Bank account is my next mission, have you started that yet? nah i dont no anyone there! kinda nerve racking haha. how about you

• 7 Dec 2012 Jenna said

Default_avatar

Na I haven’t done my visa yet I’ve been approved for it but haven’t gone through the steps as yet. I haven’t even thought about a bank account yet I keep thinking I have 6 months but that will go so fast !! What date do you arrive in London ? Do u know of a suburb you are gonna live in ? I’ve heard hammersmith and Oxford and meant to be pretty good , yes it’s so nerve racking but exciting :))

• 7 Dec 2012 jaimi said

jaimi

i arrive the 13th March, so not to long now! :S lol
    nah i have no idea, ill look around when i arrive to see where i like and depends on jobs and what not. I hope to do a bit of traveling before i start working sooo im sure somewhere will strike the eyes haha :)

• 7 Dec 2012 Jenna said

Default_avatar

Yes that is so close now . Yea think its best just to see what happens when u are there :)

• 7 Dec 2012 Olivia said

Olivia

hey im heading over there in february :) im doing a 19 day contiki that finishes the 27th of feb then thinking ill go to Ireland for a week or so then back to the UK somewhere to try and get work… totally winging it as well very scary hahah hoping it all works out ok?!!

• 7 Dec 2012 jaimi said

jaimi

oh sounds like so much fun =) I think we will all be fine winging it haha…well i hope so anyways! haha
    Are you going over alone also?

• 7 Dec 2012 Olivia said

Olivia

im heading over with a friend from ireland but shes going back there while im doing my contiki then ill go see her but pretty sure shes coming back to australia so ill be over there all on my lonesome to haha winging it is the best way im hoping :) i havent got work or anything either over there but heard they love aussies!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.