Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is there anyone moving to London in 2013?

1 Nov 2012 jaimi asked

jaimi

hey all! Is there anybody moving to London in 2013?
I am currently 22 years old living near Melbourne, Australia.
Next year i will be on a working holiday visa and plan on being there in March.
Is there anybody else thinking of doing the same thing? :)

• 3 Jan 2013 Kiel said

Kiel

I’m going to do a working holiday in London after a few tours! I’m doing European Escapade in late April – then a Top Deck Scandi tour in May/June. I plan to get a pub job in early July after I’ve been to a few music festivals etc. Has anyone signed up with like the Working Holiday Club or London Pub Co?

• 4 Jan 2013 Libby1186 said

Libby1186

I’m flying over 13 March too! Doing Winter Wanderer tour till 7th April then staying on in London to live :-)
    No work lined up either or anywhere to live, winging it also! Some good banks are Lloyds, HSBC, nat west and Barclays according to a friend living over there. Thanks for the tip on which suburbs are good to live in Jenna :-)

• 5 Jan 2013 Jenna said

Default_avatar

I have emailed the London pub place and they basically said its getting harder and harder to get pub jobs as its not as easy as it use to be. I think I am going to go through one of them to line me up work with my accommodation she said all jobs are about 40 hours a week with 2 days off said they are normally pretty flexible with time off too. Money is crap as I’m sure u could Imagain she said about 200 pound plus whatever u make in tips which I can’t Imagain being much. I know once your over there u can just go to a job agency and they find u work for free but if work is already lined up then ur not paying for accomadation while your looking for a job so it kinda works out the same I guess. Are u going with friends Libby or by yourself?

• 5 Jan 2013 Libby1186 said

Libby1186

Hi Jenna, I’m moving over by myself, I might try work at a pub at first too for the accommodation at first then look for office work and can do pub work on the side so I’m not so broke! When are you heading over? :-)

• 5 Jan 2013 Jenna said

Default_avatar

I head over the 30th may , by myself too so I’m kinda freaking out a little bit haha. I have a girlfriend in France at the moment but who knows where she will be in may . The only sort of plans I have in octoberfest in September as I wanted to do tomoroland and running bulls in Spain but I don’t think I’ll be able to get that time off if I get a job straight away so just kinda winging it really. How long are u going for ?

• 10 Jan 2013 Libby1186 said

Libby1186

Hey Jenna , sorry haven been on for a few days. So planning on staying the two years hopefully I love it and everything works out :) just about ready to send my visa application off so hope all goes good there. I want to do Octoberfest for sure! So who did you email about the pub accommodation I need to get onto that too.
    :)

• 20 Jan 2013 Jenna said

Default_avatar

Hey Libby , sorry I’ve been so slake . I was emailing a place called London pub just google it I’ve just sent them off an email actually and asked them like one million questions lol so I will let you know what they say. MSG me back with your email address and I can forward you all the info if you like :)

• 23 Jan 2013 EmmaEmily said

Default_avatar

i’m 24 living in Tas, Australia.
    i’m lucky in that i’m eligble for duel citizenship so i’m going to get a british passport and not have to worry about visas or how long i want to stay.
    i’m a qualified childcarer here so i’ve signed up with a nanny agency. as soon as i get my passport organised i’ll look at flights. i have relatives in scotland i can stay with if i havent got work and accommodation lined up before i go.

• 23 Jan 2013 Sam said

Sam

Not as much as kiwis Olivia! haha, im heading over at the start of may and doing the expedition contiki then back to london. Glastonbury at the end of june, pretty keen to head down to spain for a look, mayby running with the bulls, tomorrowland in belguim hopefully. octoberfest also. Im going alone as well, bloody nervous.

• 23 Jan 2013 Olivia said

Olivia

Oh I’m so keen to go to tomorrowland!!

• 23 Jan 2013 Daniel said

Daniel

Did you register for tickets Olivia??

• 23 Jan 2013 EmmaEmily said

Default_avatar

i’m keen to go to glastonbury!

• 23 Jan 2013 Olivia said

Olivia

Yeah I have registered :) have you?

• 24 Jan 2013 Daniel said

Daniel

Yeah I certainly have, I cant wait. I would love to go to glastonbury but don’t get over there until the 12th of July =(

• 25 Jan 2013 Matthew said

Matthew

Hey so I converted the time for the tickets for tomorrowland (I hope this is right)! And they will go on sale if you live in the Brisbane time zone @ 16:00 on the 16th of Feb.

Correct me if I am wrong :)

• 12 Feb 2013 Robbo98 said

Robbo98

Hey everyone! my name is Rob and I’m from Brisbane, I am heading over to the UK on the 19th and doing the England and Scotland tour and am also heading to Dublin for a few days and then from the 5th of June I will be solo, I am also basing myself in England as I have a working visa! I’m really excited!. Being a solo traveler I just wanted to introduce myself! HI!

• 12 Feb 2013 sandylouise said

sandylouise

Yes i am!! Im from gold coast and will be moving this September. Looking to travel and do a contiki the first 4-5 weeks and then try and find a sharehouse and set ourselves up in london :) How did everyone find the visa process?

• 12 Feb 2013 jaimi said

jaimi

that sounds great missandi! the visa process is very easy..its the waiting game that is the hard part! haha

• 12 Feb 2013 EmmaEmily said

Default_avatar

i’m hoping to get my british passport (dual citizenship) so i don’t have to worry about work visas. but beyong that i don’t know what i’m doing. haha

• 4 Mar 2013 Libby1186 said

Libby1186

Jaimi and Olivia and whoever else what’s your name on Facebook?
    Trying to add the people I’ve been speaking with on here to get in touch with easier when in London :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion