Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is there anyone moving to London in 2013?

1 Nov 2012 jaimi asked

jaimi

hey all! Is there anybody moving to London in 2013?
I am currently 22 years old living near Melbourne, Australia.
Next year i will be on a working holiday visa and plan on being there in March.
Is there anybody else thinking of doing the same thing? :)

• 22 Apr 2013 KimberleyDixson said

KimberleyDixson

Yeah I think I am going to book La Tomatina! :). I’ll look into Ibiza as well because that would be awesome. I leave on the 27th of July and heading to America on the way to London, get to London on the 9th of August and staying with family, but have no plans beetween the 9th of August and La tomatina. And yep Caity I am from Brisbane too !! :). After La tomatina I am going European Panorama contiki tour.

• 22 Apr 2013 Caity92 said

Caity92

Hey Kim, you should definitely book la tomatina! Look at the pillows tour it looks sweet. Also if you are keen for Ibiza a girl I met on fb and I are going together, and were looking for someone to stay in our apartment to make it cheaper so if your keen we could look at that! We’re staying at apartmentos sal rossa :)

• 22 Apr 2013 Caity92 said

Caity92

Also my tour finishes on the 12th of August in London so we should meet up for a drink or something!

• 22 Apr 2013 KimberleyDixson said

KimberleyDixson

Hey Caity, that sounds awesome, I would love to do that, have you already booked it all? I think I just added you on Facebook which might be easier to discuss :)

• 15 May 2013 Maddz said

Maddz

I moved here in feb, I’m 20 from Sydney and I love it! Would love to new a few more Aussies and other people if anyone else is here and available for coffee or nights out etc. :)

• 15 May 2013 Maddz said

Maddz

I moved to London 3 months ago and love it! I moved by myself from Sydney, Australia and atm I’m and au pair (which is kind of like a nanny) so I’m living with them but I still go out heaps and have my free time to do whatever. I’m going on a contiki tour in July/August but if you need anyone to show you round or just have someone over here when you get here then we can meet up if you like :)

• 15 May 2013 EAC13 said

EAC13

Hey Maddz. Im heading over to London in 2 months! Ill be doing a contiki with 3 gf’s in July and then anther tours my friends head home and I head to London at the end of August. Once ive settled in, Id love to catch up and get shown around :)

• 16 May 2013 EmmaEmily said

Default_avatar

Maddz did you organise your aupair job through an agency before you left or when you got there? also, how did you arrange accomodation? i’m looking at doing the same but other than getting my british passport have NO idea where to start!! any websites or tips would be awesome.

• 16 May 2013 Daniel said

Daniel

Hey Maddz, EAC13 and EmmaEmily, there is quite a few people all doing the same thing as you girls. We have started a group on Facebook so that it’s a lot easier for everyone to stay in touch. I know a few of the people in London already don’t post on here any more. If you want to add me I’ll add you into the group and you can try and organise things in their, it’s a lot easier. There’s a link to my Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daniel.bishop.52056

• 16 May 2013 Maddz said

Maddz

EAC13 no worries! That’d be cool! What tour are you and your friends doing? Ill be around after the 20th of August :)
    EmmaEmily, yeah I had it all sorted out before I came over . I used a website called ‘au pair world’ and all you have to do is make a profile then start searching! Too easy! For my accommodation I’m ‘live-in’ so I’m living with the family that I au pair which is great!
    There’s so many websites though, search in au pair in google and plenty should come up. Just make sure they’re legit before you talk to anyone on there. Skype was great for the whole process so if you don’t have Skype I suggest you get it :) let me know if to need anymore help!
    Thanks Daniel! I might just do that :)

• 16 May 2013 EmmaEmily said

Default_avatar

cheers Maddz, i’ll try the things you suggested. how do you tell if the agency is legit?? thats my biggest worry..

• 16 May 2013 Maddz said

Maddz

I can’t remember how I did but check the link, it will be http:// and check reviews and stuff and regarding talking to people on there don’t give out personal info until you know that the person is who they say they are

• 16 May 2013 Maddz said

Maddz

Btw is anyone already in London and want to get a drink or coffee or go for lunch or something?

• 16 May 2013 ElizabethN14 said

ElizabethN14

Id love to hear anyones advice on moving to london! E.g good suburbs to live, is it easy to find jobs/share houses etc :-) dreamt of moving to london for years now! Back for the third holiday in 20 days and cant wait! Definately going to have a hard time leaving again :-) any advice would be much appriciated :-)

• 16 May 2013 Robbo98 said

Robbo98

I’m flying over tomorrow, doing about 3 weeks of travelling to Germany, Scotland, Ireland and northern England. I have a mate with me but he is off on contiki tour for 3 weeks so I will be alone in London from the 6th of June. If anyone is keen to catch up after the 6th I’m keen :)

• 17 May 2013 KimberleyDixson said

KimberleyDixson

Hey Kerri, Madz, Emma & EAC13, I am in the same boat, I am moving over in August I will be in London from the 9th of August and then doing a tour through September and will be living back in London at the end of Septmeber, you should all join the group Daniel set up for people moving to London https://www.facebook.com/daniel.bishop.52056
    I dont know anyone over there either! Kerri I am from Brissy too :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion