Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Stonehedge

7 Jun 2010 alyssa! said

alyssa!
Anyone done a day trip to Stonehedge and have any recommendations?
  • 9 Jun 2010 JenShep said

JenShep

haven’t been yet but planing to here’s a link to tripadvisor and a link to the site i book my tour in december with. there are a few reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Att…ltshire_England.html

http://www.viator.com/London/S…vities/d737-ttd-spoi

• 9 Jun 2010 Kelsey said

Kelsey

Evan Evans Tours does trips to Stonehenge. I did one with them that went to Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath. I believe they have a few different Stonehenge trips to choose from.

• 10 Jun 2010 alyssa! said

alyssa!

ya i found evan evans to be really good- however i would have liked a private tour during sunrise or sunset but those look like needed to be booked months in advance, not days… o well.

• 13 Jun 2010 Niksta said

Niksta

hi alyssa,
    i did a day trip to stonehenge when i was in europe in may 2009.
    it is definitely worth and there are plenty of tour companies that offer it. just pop into a information centre in london or your hotel might also have brochures in the lobby. or you can just book online.
    our tour took us to stonehenge and bath. we looked at the one kelsey mentioned but decided we would like the little bit extra time.
    hope this helps

• 18 Jun 2010 Vanessa said

Default_avatar

I did the windsor, bath and stonehenge tour through evans evan. we had a lovely guide named trudy. The best in fact. She kept us entertained and smiling throughout the trip.

However, I did wish i had more time in bath to explore. It really is a beautiful place. There are tours that only include bath and you can spend the whole day there. Windsor castle to had a lovely view and we did get to see the changing of guards (they dont do it if its raining)

Stonehenge was very nice. Totally worth the time. Overall i wish i had more time in bath but the tour was very well done. I guess credit really goes to out tour guide Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion