Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa (United Kingdom)

12 Sep 2010 MissLiz said

MissLiz
Hi there,

Just wondering if there are any Kiwis planning on obtaining this Visa so they can work in the UK after/before their contiki trip... and if so... how did you go about it?

How much etc??
  • 27 Sep 2010 Explorer1210416 said

Default_avatar

Hi,
    I’m a kiwi. I am planning to go to uk next year and do a contiki and also get the youth mobility visa.
    From what I have researched, you can only get one 3 months in advance at the most. it costs about 130 pounds i think.
    This website should help answer your questions!
    http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/h…nf28pbsyouthmobility

Can’t wait for next year!!!

• 27 Sep 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88

I’m applying for a uk visa in dec and im pretty sure you apply for it online..it all a bit confusing. I’m going to speak to my travel agent and see if she knows how to go about it.
    (im from australia though)

• 9 Oct 2010 Allycia21 said

Default_avatar

Hi, im a kiwi about to do the same thing. Im booking mine online next week. so exciting! where abouts in the UK do you plan to work?

• 17 Oct 2010 CatherineOz said

Default_avatar

I went through first contact to get my visa, you do pay a fee but it meant if I had questions along the way I could email them and have a reply within a couple of hours-rather than call the embassy (which is very expensive).
    I was also able to set up a bank account through them-which isn’t easy to do on your own.

• 18 Oct 2010 Jem said

Jem

For those who have this visa do you have to have this visa before you can book flights or can you go ahead and book everything as long as you have it before you leave?
    Thanks Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Nov 2010 Explorer1181410 said

Default_avatar

im an auzzie so it may be different for you guys over in NZ but i paid a company to process my visa for me. it took all the fuss out of it. they booked my biometrics appointment, made sure my paperwork was filled in correctly etc. It did cost a bit but i got my visa done right. i kept hearing stories from friends about visa’s being rejected because of incorrect spelling or out of date information and didn’t want to risk it as you have to reapply and pay all that money again. Biometric appointments can only be done in major cities which meant $350 flights to Brizzy etc.

Don’t know if there will be the same services for you guys but i assume there would be. Just ask your travel agent :-)

• 20 Feb 2011 AussieKayla86 said

AussieKayla86

Thanks soooo much for the above info!! I have been looking everywhere trying to find out about visas and how it works. It all seems so complicated!!

• 30 Jan 2012 smidy said

Default_avatar

I just had mine issued, after the first one was refused for not having a proper bank statement. So after you do the biometrics make sure you include the stamped biometrics, application printed off there site with a passport sized photo, passports(originals) and a bank statement issued by your bank showing you have the minimum funds and no older than a month from memory. I sent a stamped and sign letter from the bank with the current balance.
    Don’t send them registered post as they won’t accept them. If everything went well you will get an email, then your passport in the mail with the document inside. Takes about 2-3weeks from biometrics. Hope this is more helpful than the people at the biometrics..

• 2 Feb 2012 *Leesa* said

Default_avatar

Was the stamped, signed from your bank with the current balance what you sent the second time?
    I’m just finalising mine in the next week!

• 4 Feb 2012 smidy said

Default_avatar

yes, it has to be issued by them and stamped, dated, mine was signed aswell, no older than 30 days.
    good luck!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.