Community_discussions_small  

Question

Oktoberfest 2013... 7 day HOSTEL

7 Nov 2012 dougall asked

dougall

Yes, I know it's a bit early.. but it's going to be Epic.. who else is going?

• 7 Nov 2012 Rhett said

Rhett

Gday Dougall. I am heading along. I have heard sooooooooo many good things!

• 8 Nov 2012 dougall said

dougall

Nice man. I heard the same.

• 8 Nov 2012 DJMELB22 said

DJMELB22

is it an actual tour that you guys have booked im going to octoberfest but not sure to do it as a tour or just wing it lol

• 8 Nov 2012 Rhett said

Rhett

I haven’t booked yet. I am in the same boat… unsure whether to do this “tour” or just go solo. Had a bit of a look and accommodation seems as rare as hens teeth. I assume the companies like Contiki and all the other book a heap of rooms. So maybe it is the best way to go?!

DJMELB22

not really sure definitely something i need to look into , what dates are you in europe mate totally?? going solo??

• 8 Nov 2012 Rhett said

Rhett

I fly into London on a one way ticket on 19 May. Hoping to travel around until October/November and then will either try and get a job in London or head home. Will see how I am feeling at that time! Yeah traveling solo! How about you mate?

DJMELB22

Ha ha lol that is exactly the same plan as I have and I get in the 21st of may and only have a 1 way ticket lol

• 8 Nov 2012 Rhett said

Rhett

haha snap! how is that hey?! should catch up for a beer or two then! got any contiki tours booked?

• 8 Nov 2012 dougall said

dougall

reason why I booked with contiki for this tour is because of the convenience. during oktoberfest it will be so hard to find transportation/accommodation because everyone will be thinking the same thing. and the prices will be sky high. also you meet a ton of cool people. im actually going with people i met from my last contiki tour. plus contiki has been doing it for years, so i imagine they have agreements with particular vendors.

• 11 Nov 2012 DJMELB22 said

DJMELB22

thats awesome have to discuss this further on facebook mate, great to meet someone withe kinda same plans from melbourne and no return ticket lol

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion