Community_discussions_small  

Question

What to do round 2??

11 May 2009 BumbleBee asked

Default_avatar
I did a European Highlights tour in July last year which was amazing; gave me a great taste for Europe so I would like to go back!

I will be travelling on my own again so I like the thought of doing another Contiki tour. I want to stay in hotels this time around so I'm looking at the timeout tours on offer.

I can squeeze in a trip around 3 weeks or less in early January. I'm looking forward to see the difference winter makes in Europe, but to help me decide I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions about good places to visit during the European winter? Was there anywhere you thought could be better to go to during warmer weather??

I would love to see Paris again, but I'm also really interested in seeing Prague (major architecture junkie!), so if your tour got to see both your recommendations would be much appreciated!!
  • 27 May 2009 juana1010 said

Default_avatar

I did the Eastern Road tour last April/May, which was good, although I don’t know if you want to go there during the winter. Just got back from the Turkish Delight tour, which may be good to do in January. It was really great. I highly recommend it. If you decide to do Turkey, stay an extra day or two in Istanbul. There is so much to see and take in, and so little time there.

• 29 May 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

I would look at the regional tours, perhaps the Getaway tours in Eastern Europe and you could add a couple days onto the beginning and end.

Also, all the winter tours are hotel tours.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.