Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Highlights Tour

12 Nov 2012 Shell087 asked

Shell087

Hey everyone,

I am going on the European Highlights tour in April next year, i am going solo which is a bit scary but im so excited. So i was wondering if anyone had done this one and can give me any kinds of tips on how to pack and what it is like??? Any help would be great =)

• 14 Nov 2012 Jadezie said

Default_avatar

Hi. I did a very similar tour to yours 3 years ago. I went to every city you’re visiting.
    Every tour group is different. You might get people who are quiet, people who want to party all night, couples, singles, people from different countries. It’s a mixed bag. I had a lot of Aussies on my tour so I felt right at home.

Generally there are a lot of younger people on the shorter tours as they are more affordable and fit in with uni holidays. You won’t be the only one travelling solo. There is plenty of time to meet people before the tour. I ran into my tour mates by chance at the pub at the Royal National the night before departure. Everyone ends up like a big family at the end of the tour.

What is it like? It is a blast! Contiki do a fantastic job at making sure you see much as possible and have the time of your life. The tour guides are fun, very helpful and knowledgable. I packed light, loose fitting clothes, a compact lightweight sleeping bag. Make sure to bring a couple of towels. Bring things to entertain yourself on the bus. The drives between cities are long and you won’t be spending the whole time talking to people. A neck pillow is a good thing to pack also. The weather in April can get a bit cool so bring some warmer clothes with you, especially for the eveningings.

Also, look into the optional activities. They might not all be in your budget but try and sign up to as many as you can. I definitely recommend you do the Parisian dinner optional activity as it is on the first night and its a great way to break the ice and get to know everyone on your tour. Also don’t miss out on the Bavarian beer hall activity. It is the most fun I have had in my life. Everyone really gets into the celebrations and the food and beer is amazing.

Sorry for the long essay. I hope my advice helps. If you have any specific questions don’t be afraid to ask me :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.