Community_discussions_small  

Question

European panorama 2013 sep 2

13 Nov 2012 rhiannon&jhanna asked

rhiannon&jhanna

Is anyone else going on this tour? Or have gone on this tour. A friend and I are going and we were just wondering budgets, suitable suitcase sizes, what to pack ect. We are eager little travellers and are wanting to know all this so we are truly set! Even though its only November! :)

• 21 Nov 2012 JessicaMaree said

JessicaMaree

Hi Rhiannon, my names Jess Cullen and I’m from Queensland also. i will be going on this trip next year! I only booked it yesterday but have wanted to do this for so long! I honestly haven’t thought about packing as of yet but I won’t be packing a huge amount as I want to do a fair bit of shopping while I’m over there (: Budget wise I’m going to take as much as I can as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity so we may as well make the most of it! So have you been on a Contiki Tour before? Are you excited for oktoberfest?

JessicaMaree

Hi Rhiannon, my names Jess Cullen and I’m from Queensland also. I will be going on this tour next year! Even though I only booked it yesterday I have wanted to do this for so long! Honestly I haven’t really thought about packing as of yet but I won’t be taking a huge amount because I want to do a fair bit of shopping while I’m over there. In terms of budget, I’m going to take as much as I can because this is an amazing holiday oppotunity and we may as well make the most of it! Have you been on a Contiki Tour before? Are you keen for Oktoberfest?

• 21 Nov 2012 rhiannon&jhanna said

rhiannon&jhanna

I haven’t been on contiki yet! This shall be my first time. I hate not being organised and being in the unknown so much. I didn’t even think about what to pack ect but when my friend who I’m going with decided to move away we both kind of freaked out and wanted to be sure on everything before she left. I am so excited for Oktoberfest. Being an assistant we have an elderly lady that has just flown over from Germany, she said get ready for the time of your lives at Oktoberfest and she also said it is huge! I’m so glad to have met another person going on the tour. Cannot wait for it all to start! Although I fly over on the 27th of August to see London aswell as go on the tour so I am super super excited haha

JessicaMaree

You would not believe this but I’m flying into London on the 30th to try and explore it a little bit more and get over my jetlag before the tour actually starts haha. We should meet up in London if your free! I am also staying two extra days in Amsterdam as well. Are you? So you’re from Childers? Wow that isn’t too far away from me at all. I’m really glad they have this forum to meet and greet so it’s not so hard to meet people on the tour. This is my first Contiki tour as well! All I know is we are only allowed a suitcase no more than 20 or 23kg. My travel agent also said it will be autumn in Europe so it won’t be cold.

rhiannon&jhanna

We should definitely meet up before the tour. No, im not staying in Amsterdam I’ll be going back to London for 2 days before fly out. I’m flying with Korean airlines, what about you? My friend and I looked up some of the weather in Europe apparently it’s going to be crazy hot when we get to rome. Are you going by yourself or with someone? Yes from childers haha, a lot of my friends are actually in Gladstone for work. My travel agent told me to go early to explore London and just because our tour leaves so early in the morning. I am so excited to meet new people, make new friends and just have a ball!

JessicaMaree

Awesome, sounds like a plan! I am flying with Emirates from Brisbane to Dubai then to London. Well if it’s hot then we can always do the water sports that they have on offer which would be pretty cool! I was planning on going with a friend but she couldn’t afford it plus it’s something I’ve always wanted to do by myself, discover what life has to offer kind of thing. Small world huh? I never imagined meeting someone so close to home haha. Aw cool, well yeah there is heaps of work here in Gladstone at the moment. I only really have a day in London before the tour starts I really don’t know if thats going to be enough but I’ve already paid for the flights so it’s going to have to do haha. That’s the whole reason I’m going to travel see the world and meet some amazing people! Plus let you hair down in the most awesome nightclubs in the world! haha

rhiannon&jhanna

I arrive in London on the 28th we have a 16hr stop over in Korea. I never actually thought that I’d meet someone so close to home either haha. It definitely would take some guts to do it by yourself like you are haha I’d be so scared and freaked out. But then again it’s a tour with such young people on it you would be bound to make life long friends. I’m keen as for the seedy trips on the bus after a big night out! Jhanna and I were going to go 2 days before but our travel agent said that if we were to go 2 days before our flights would jump into the 2000 and we wanted to keep our flights at 1880 and because alot of the people I work with say London could be a holiday in its own. I’ve read a lot of the discussions and they say that you should do all the optionals. No regrets I guess right?

JessicaMaree

Ahh your making me rethink how many days I have in London haha. Maybe London would be a holiday to do on its own lol sounds like a trip for 2014 haha. I only really have one full day in London because my flight gets in a 6.45pm lol i have rang to see if i can go a day or so earlier but my tickets have already been done so there will be a cost :/ I have read the reveiws for the tour and it stated that the tour was awesome but there is so many seedy bus trips lol and then it states, ‘but its worth the pain’ hahaha

• 22 Nov 2012 rhiannon&jhanna said

rhiannon&jhanna

Haha well I am ready for the pain! It definitely does sound like a trip for 2014. I’m thinking maybe America next? My flight gets into London at 515pm on the 28th. Damn what is the cost? But don’t worry. We will be staying at the same hotel should we? Did your travel agent book you in with one of the contiki hotels?

• 23 Nov 2012 JessicaMaree said

JessicaMaree

Haha me too! Yes America would be amazing! Yeah that is a good amount of days to spend in London. The cost to change flights is $185 which really for an extra couple of days is not much. I’ll have to look into it. Um i am staying in the imperial hotel in London, what about you? I’m sure that’s a Contiki Hotel.

• 23 Nov 2012 rhiannon&jhanna said

rhiannon&jhanna

Yep! I’m staying in the same hotel. Well that cost is a little less than what I was thinking. I was thinking you’d have to pay heaps more then that. Are you going to do all the optionals? I really want to do them all. But my friend is a bit iffy about some of them. So I may need a partner in crime with me! You up for it?

• 23 Nov 2012 JessicaMaree said

JessicaMaree

Yay! Yeah so I’ll have a think about it buy if I do change I’ll go for a week before the tour. what they have offer sounds great! The holiday is a great opportunity do it would be foolish not to do all of them, so consider me your partner in crime! Haha I’m ecspeacially exited about the gondola ride along the canals and schnapps museum visit and tasting oh and the paragliding! Woo! What about you?

• 23 Nov 2012 rhiannon&jhanna said

rhiannon&jhanna

They are what I’m crazy excited about too! Im also excited for the dancers in barcelona because apparently they are just stunning! the paragliding i am soo excited about it! tHaha talking to another member of this tour just makes me even more excited! And we are only young once, why not travel the world and get up to mischief. You’ve gotta leave your comfort zone one day. I haven’t even been over seas yet and the travel bug has bitten me hard!

• 24 Nov 2012 JessicaMaree said

JessicaMaree

You have never been overseas?! This is an amazing trip for your first overseas adventure haha this will be my first big trip. I’ve been to New Zealand twice and to Vanuatu. But I’m sure this will be the best by far haha yes I totally agree you only live once so you may as well make the most of it :) well any activities that your friend isn’t comfortable with, I’ll definitely do it! Haha. I know what you mean about the travel bug lol I’m sure when I get back from Europe I’ll book another trip :) I’ve always wanted to do Asia so I’ll just have to wait and see :) so have you always lived in Childers? What do you guys do for fun? I guess you would go clubbing in Bundy hey? Have you ever ventured to Gladstone? Lol

• 24 Nov 2012 JessicaMaree said

JessicaMaree

So have you lived in Childers all your life?**

• 24 Nov 2012 rhiannon&jhanna said

rhiannon&jhanna

I haven’t lived in childers all my life, I’m actually from toowoomba. But for most of it I’ve been here lol. Well I’ve been to New Zealand because I’m Half New Zealand and most of my fathers side lives there so i went a lot when I was pinger. I don’t really classify it as overseas I guess because its half my back ground Lol. But yes this will be my first big trip! Well I think ever since I’ve graduated I’ve been working as a nursing assistant. I used to go out on the weekends but I think the last time i went out was my 21st in Brisbane lol. I’ll go catch up with some friends at the pub or going clubbing every couple of weekends but all us girls here usually just get together and get drunk at home lol. And because a lot of my friends work shift work its so hard to catch up. I was actually in Gladstone the other week to be honest with you haha. Went for a road trip up there! Have you lived in gladdy all your life?

• 24 Nov 2012 rhiannon&jhanna said

rhiannon&jhanna

Younger **

• 26 Nov 2012 JessicaMaree said

JessicaMaree

Aw you’re so lucky, New Zealand is amazingly beautiful. Haha well unlike you, I call it overseas lol.That was my first ever overseas trip lol. Yeah going out gets a bit much sometimes, it is just better to stay home and have drinks. Well I’m on my end of year University break so I’m trying to make the most of it haha for example, this weekend I’m going to Stereo Sonic in Brisbane! I haven’t lived in Gladstone all my life, I am originally from NSW. Though, I have been here since I was about 5 so you could call me a local lol. All my family lives in NSW, my immediate family are the only ones that live in a different state which is hard sometimes because we don’t get to see the family as much as we’d like too. I had all these big dreams to move down there after school and study but I got given a great opportunity here in Gladstone with a six year Professional Communication traineeship at Council which involves me studying a Bachelor of Professional Communication/ majoring in Marketing degree. All costs paid for! I will be in my third year next year. Life just goes too fast!

JessicaMaree

I just gave in! I just changed my flights haha I’ve been thinking about it for ages! I will know be getting into London on the 2th not the 30th so I will have an extra five days (: woo!

JessicaMaree

on the 25th***

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion