Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Contiki tour review plus tips

15 Sep 2010 beckybc said

beckybc
I took the European Horizon tour last May, had a blast! I just finished my travelogue and its online now - there is details of every day plus reviews of accommodations and optionals, tips on budgeting, plus photos! Take a look and let me know what you think! (It's my first try..)Smiler
http://worldtravels.webs.com
  • 2 May 2012 Feyparislove said

Feyparislove

Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of your trip details. I just spent the last few hours reading all about your fun trip! I especially appreciate your tips and spending guide. Thanks

• 24 Feb 2013 Victor said

Victor

Nice review!!!
    Thank you for your tips!
    How much money did you spent on each night out?? (Approx)
    Greetings :)

• 26 Feb 2013 beckybc said

beckybc

Thank you! I’m glad it was of help. I really can’t say for sure how much I spent on a night out, it really depends on where you are in Europe and whether you had an optional with booze before hand… but drinks are about 5-6 euro I believe and most clubs we went to didn’t have cover. It is still pretty expensive though, so I definitely recommend pre-drinking. Any other questions feel free to ask!

• 26 Feb 2013 Minchia said

Default_avatar

Great, I am doing the impressions on July 11. Can’t wait. First time contikier. Flying solo, just hope there aren’t too many couples.. I am there to run amok and be less clinical than I am in daily life :)

• 1 Mar 2013 Victor said

Victor

Was there anything you regret not bringing to the tour?
    How were the accomodations?
    :)

• 1 Mar 2013 beckybc said

beckybc

Hi Minchia: The Impressions tour looks awesome! You will have an amazing time on Contiki. There were never too many couples on my tours – and some of them ended up being the biggest partiers so I wouldn’t worry!
    Victor: I can’t think of anything that I regretted not bringing on tour, but I will say make sure you don’t overpack! I have always packed too much and it has left no room for purchasing souvenirs while you are abroad, and you often have to carry your luggage around, so it’s best if it’s not too heavy!
    As for the accommodations, they were all very budget/basic, but clean. Don’t expect 5 star hotels, but they are definitely satisfactory – I don’t think there was anywhere I would never stay again.

• 7 Mar 2013 Victor said

Victor

So you don’t leave your luggage at the accommodations?
    You have to take it with you?

• 7 Mar 2013 beckybc said

beckybc

No you leave it there during the day when you are out sightseeing, but every morning you have to carry it out to the bus and load it on, and when you arrive at the hotel in the evening you do the same. Sometimes they don’t have elevators. I’m just complaining though! haha :)

• 7 Mar 2013 Victor said

Victor

hahaha ok, thank you so much!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion