Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone doing European explorer 7th July 2013

13 Nov 2012 Rachel M asked

Rachel M

Me and 2 friends are doing European Explorer on 7th July 2013 :) Anyone else doing this tour?

• 6 Mar 2013 KaseyEff said

KaseyEff

YAYYYYYY!

• 6 Mar 2013 Lauren said

Lauren

Awesome!!!! Now I can book my flights!

• 7 Mar 2013 Lauren said

Lauren

Is anyone staying in Amsterdam after the trip? If so, for how long and where? I booked my flights finally. Leaving from Amsterdam on Aug 14. Planning on doing a day trip to Belgium.

• 17 Mar 2013 Chelsey said

Chelsey

Hey! I just booked this and im going on my own too! So nervous! I will be in London staying a a mates place from the 2nd. Keen to meet up and explore London with people before hand, But I fly out of Amsterdam the day the tour finishes! I tried to join the meetup group but the link didnt work.

• 18 Mar 2013 Lauren said

Lauren

Hey Chelsey, welcome to the group! That’s weird about not being able to join the meet up group. Maybe try contacting contiki to see if they could help. I’ll be arriving in London on the 2nd as well! Would love to meet up with others.

• 24 Mar 2013 Nicole said

Nicole

Hellooooo! :) I just booked this tour and I’m going solo too! Are there many others going solo? I’m arriving in London on the 2nd and would love to meet up and see the sights of London too if anyone’s keen! :) was thinking of doing the London Explorer for the 4 days before the tour as I have no idea where to visit on my own.

• 26 Mar 2013 KaseyEff said

KaseyEff

Hi Nicole,
    I’m going solo too! I’m getting in to London on the 3rd so would love to meet up for sightseeing if you don’t end up doing to London Explorer.

• 26 Mar 2013 Nicole said

Nicole

Awesome! I ended up booking the London Explorer but it doesn’t actually have a tour guide or anything like that so I see London on my own but I get told a few things to see and I get access to a few things like a 2 day pass to the underground etc so we can still meet up? We can do the things the London Explorer suggests we should check out together? I read in the earlier posts you were looking at staying at the Stylotel, did you end up booking that? Is that near the Royal National?

• 26 Mar 2013 Lauren said

Lauren

Hey Nicole, I’m going solo as well! I just checked online, and it says it takes about 30 minutes by public transportation to get from Stylotel to Royal National. I’ll be arriving the 2nd as well.

• 27 Mar 2013 Jenny4A said

Jenny4A

Hey everyone… I’m Jenny from Canada and I’m coming solo too! I haven’t finalized my air to London yet but my plan is to arrive by July 2 and spend a few days playing tourist. I’ll check out the hotels you’ve mentioned and I hope to meet up with some of you to check out London.

• 27 Mar 2013 Nicole said

Nicole

That’s great :) well for anyone whos interested I’m keen to meet up. We could organise a meeting spot or meet half way between the Royal National and the Stylotel or something? Whatevers easier :) I was thinking about getting an international sim card so when I do I’ll give you guys my number and we can organise something.

• 27 Mar 2013 Lauren said

Lauren

That works! Don’t know what I’ll be doing about a phone, but we’ll figure something out.

• 28 Mar 2013 KaseyEff said

KaseyEff

Hi Jenny! Wow seems to be a fair few of us going solo, I’m so glad I took the plunge and booked!

• 1 Apr 2013 Jenny4A said

Jenny4A

Me too! :)

• 2 Apr 2013 Lauren said

Lauren

Is anyone staying in Amsterdam after the trip?

• 3 Apr 2013 Nicole said

Nicole

I’m not I’m getting the complementary transfer to London and staying there for 1 more night before I go home.

• 8 Apr 2013 Jess N said

Jess N

Hey guys I really want to book this tour … I am also travelling solo!! I see a few other people are as well which is good to see :) have you guys already made your bookings … I already have a flight to London booked 27 June and return 16 August so would love to travel after n before maybe as well :)

• 8 Apr 2013 Jess N said

Jess N

Are the solo people staying in single twin or triple share?

• 8 Apr 2013 Lauren said

Lauren

Hey Jess! As you can see there are a lot to us going solo on this trip. :) I planning on doing a room share with one other person (cause the rooms are probably tiny and I don’t want to sleep on a bunk. hehe) I am going to be in London a couple of days before the trip (will arrive in London July 2). I am staying in Amsterdam at the end of the trip from August 8-14 (don’t have anything planned yet for that except a hotel room lol- would love others to explore the city with!)

• 8 Apr 2013 KaseyEff said

KaseyEff

Hi Jess,
    Welcome! I’ve already booked a twin share tour, I figured same as Lauren the rooms are probably tiny! Ill be in London from the 3rd July too!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion