Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern LA - NY 11 July 2013

13 Nov 2012 Kimmy asked

Kimmy

I just booked this tour! Massive excitement!

Has anyone else booked in?

• 17 Nov 2012 Danae said

Danae

I’m about to book this tour !

• 17 Nov 2012 Kimmy said

Kimmy

awesome!! same date? are you travelling by yourself or with friends?

• 28 Dec 2012 Claire said

Claire

I’m going on this tour too! Going by myself so I’m keen to make new friends. So excited for it :)

• 29 Dec 2012 Kimmy said

Kimmy

I’m also going by myself – should be a lot of fun!

• 29 Dec 2012 Claire said

Claire

Yes! So keen. Are you doing travel either side? I think I want to go to San Fran before the tour starts and maybe like 5 days in New York.

• 29 Dec 2012 Kimmy said

Kimmy

I’m doing the best of USA a few days after this tour, so I get three/four days in NY, Vegas (again but that’s ok), San Fran and LA. Cannot wait for broadway in NY!!

• 30 Dec 2012 Claire said

Claire

That sounds awesome! Yeah broadway would be amazing! Have you looked what’s playing at that time?

• 30 Dec 2012 Claire said

Claire

I really want to see wicked! I haven’t seen it before

• 30 Dec 2012 Kimmy said

Kimmy

Same! I either want to see Wicked or The Lion King. Apparently you can get the cheapest tickets on the day or the day before and still good seats as well!

• 30 Dec 2012 Leahalyse said

Leahalyse

I’m going on this tour by myself also :)) can’t wait ! Counting down each day !!

• 9 Jan 2013 TarynWainman said

TarynWainman

im planning on doing this tour by myself too!! cant wait!!!

• 9 Jan 2013 Leahalyse said

Leahalyse

Do it taryn , it is going to be amazingggg !!!

• 9 Jan 2013 Claire said

Claire

Ahhhh! I’m so excited! All my flights are booked. I’m in LA for 2 nights before the tour starts at the contiki accom there. Yay!

Leahalyse

So am I Claire !!! We will have to plan to go for a drink or something I don’t know what I will do for 2 days on my own , I was thinkin of doing the santa Monica beach day tour or something like that :)

TarynWainman

I will be too! lets all Party in LA together! okay I am asking my boss for the time off and going to book this in ASAP! cant wait to meet you all!!! if anyone will be in LA 4 days before this or NYC after then let me know :)

• 9 Jan 2013 Claire said

Claire

Yes! We have to hit up LA! I haven’t looked into what I’m going to do there yet. Haha. I’m actually going to go to san francisco for 3 nights too and then LA. And after the tour I’ll be in NYC for 5 nights and we can hopefully go out with our whole tour group!

Leahalyse

Ohhh this is getting me so excited ! 6 months away :):) keen as to hit the town . Well I’m 3 nights before the tour at the accom contiki says to stay at then I have 5 or 6 night after a the tour to do whatever :) !!

How much spending money are you guys planning to take ?

• 9 Jan 2013 Claire said

Claire

So excited!
    I have no idea how much money to take! As much as I can? lol

Leahalyse

Ok I’m trying to save for about $1000 a week . I’m struggling lol I only work casual cause I’m still studying

TarynWainman

This is all so exciting!!! il probably be in LA 3-4 days before the tour starts and il try book accom at the contiki place too and then new york for 5-6 days then il fly home :) … boss is back monday so i will ask for 6 weeks off then i am locking this in! haha take as much as you can :P i did Europe last june-august for 2 months and costed me $14,000 .. we did alot though .. so if you go for 6 weeks i would say maybe $8000 unless you plan to go nuts shopping!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.