Community_discussions_small  

Question

Italian Espresso winter March 2-9 2013..?

15 Nov 2012 Jess asked

Jess

Hi everyone!
Just wondering if anyone else is booked in for this tour or thinking of doing it?
I'm pretty keen!!

• 20 Nov 2012 Jena said

Jena

Hi!
    I just reserved this tour the other day, after one of the tours I originally booked fell through.
    I think it should be pretty fun!

• 21 Nov 2012 Jess said

Jess

Oh yay! I was originally doing the Simply Italy tour but that was withdrawn, but this once looks great as well! Are you traveling solo? I am!

• 21 Nov 2012 Jena said

Jena

Yah I was going to do the Mediterranean Highlights Tour starting in Madrid but that tour also got discontinued.
    Yah I am going alone as well!
    Is this your first Contiki?

• 22 Nov 2012 Jess said

Jess

Yeah the Mediterranean Highlights looked pretty good! I’m so excited for Italy though!!!
    Yep it’s my first Contiki and first time travelling solo! What about you?
    Are you travelling anywhere else before/after our tour?

• 22 Nov 2012 Jena said

Jena

Same, first Contiki and first time going alone! I’m just counting down the days!
    After Italy I’ll be in Madrid for about 5 days, then heading to Dublin tor St.Patty ‘s and then onto another contiki with a friend of mine I’m meeting up with in Ireland.
    How about you? Any other plans for Europe?

• 23 Nov 2012 Jess said

Jess

I’m counting down the days too!!
    That sounds like great fun! Madrid and especially Dublin are very high on my list!
    I get to Italy mid feb, then will be staying with friends and family over there for a few days before the tour. And then after I am going to nanny a family near Sorrento so will be staying indefinately! Let me know if you are planning in getting to Rome a day or 2 earlier, I think I will be!! So excited! :)

• 24 Nov 2012 Jena said

Jena

That sounds like an awesome time too!
    I will be arriving into Rome evening before the tour starts so I will be free to wander around in the morning!

I can’t wait either! I day dream about it waaay to much haha

• 24 Nov 2012 Jess said

Jess

Ok great, ill be doing the same! Ah me too, it’s all I talk and think about haha!

• 28 Nov 2012 Jena said

Jena

Oh me too..I’m sure my friends are sick of hearing about it hah

• 17 Dec 2012 Mcclure91 said

Default_avatar

Hello
    Myself and 2 friends are going on the same tour, than to the st pattys day tour with contiki after. First time going on a contiki tour for all of us so where looking forward to it.. can’t wait !

• 17 Dec 2012 Jess said

Jess

Hey! So glad to hear more people are coming :) have you guys joined the online contiki meet-up? I joined it yesterday and I think there’s a few more people there too!! Can’t wait!!

• 18 Dec 2012 Mcclure91 said

Default_avatar

no where kinda new just was cheaking out the tour and saw the chat. our original tour was the berlin to budapest but it got canceled so we where lucky to find this one. How many people are booked so far ?

• 18 Dec 2012 Jess said

Jess

Ah ok, yeah I am new to contiki too! Sounds like a few tours have been cancelled lately, but ours will be great! I think there is 4 so far. Have you guys booked? Ps Dublin for St Patty’s day sounds awesome!!

• 19 Dec 2012 Mcclure91 said

Default_avatar

ya the 3 of us booked in the summer than just switched this past week… the new tour is all we have talked about for the last couple days. It has been a while since ive had a long oversea’s trip just saving money now. I wonder what the weather is good be like that time of year im gonna look into it

• 19 Dec 2012 Daryl said

Daryl

I’m pretty keen too! I just booked it. Let me know what the weather will be like when you figure it out.

• 20 Dec 2012 Jess said

Jess

I’ve found this if you guys are interested… http://www.italylogue.com/planning-a-trip/italy-in-march.html
    Doesnt sound too bad! And hopefully it doesn’t rain heaps!

• 24 Dec 2012 Daryl said

Daryl

Thanks Jess! That link was very helpful and yes it would be great if the rain holds off during the time we are there, i’m hoping for good weather!

• 28 Dec 2012 Explorer1243440 said

Explorer1243440

Hi All I’m Simi, Florida USA. Solo. This is my 2nd trip with contiki. I’m a little nervous about the weather? I packed for cold weather in London last year and had to shop for new clothes. Any suggestions?

• 28 Dec 2012 Explorer1243440 said

Explorer1243440

Thanks Jess. Just checked out the link u posted.

• 31 Dec 2012 Tracy said

Default_avatar

Just bought into this tour! Super excited! Been waiting to go to Italy for some time. Can’t wait to feast and meet you all! PS, did you guys sign into the “meeting room”? It looks like only a few people did so far…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion