Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Weather Question

6 Feb 2010 dcf2 said

Default_avatar
I know that the whole weather thing has been beaten to death but I hope that someone can let me know what the weather will be like while I'm there so I can pack accordingly. I will be in the northern territory/outback from mid-April til May 1st then starting May 1st I will be in Cairns and move down the east coast until I reach Sydney on May 15th then spend 3 nights there. Do you think I will be ok packing mostly warm weather clothes with 1 pair of pants, a fleece, and a hat & gloves? do I need to pack warmer clothes than this? Any advice would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!
  • 6 Feb 2010 shmem said

Default_avatar

hey I am from Australia and it is always hot in Northern Terriotry so have summer clothes. cairns is top of QLD so it is very humid/sticky weather. HOWEVER may usually starts to get chilly and Sydney can be a mixed bag. I would take a good mix of summer and warmer jeans, hoody/jumper etc. Dont stress about gloves, its not snow or anything! Just might get some rain
    Hope that helps!

• 9 Feb 2010 Danki said

Danki

if u are from somewhere cool, then the weather in darwin will blow your mind. very warm in may! its fantastic! cairnes will also be warm. sydney being a lot lower down and heading into winter will be getting cold, but depending on where you are visiting from, it might be ok for you

• 9 Feb 2010 JenShep said

JenShep

Just pack light cloths that you can layer, i wouldn’t go overboard with the winter gear maybe just a light jacket or sweater.

• 10 Feb 2010 Danielle said

Default_avatar

Thanks for all your advice! We have pretty cold winters where I’m from (northwestern U.S.) so it probably won’t feel too cold to me in Sydney. I think I’ll just take jeans & a light jacket, and if it’s colder than I expect I will buy some clothes there. I would hate to take up a bunch of room in my suitcase with warm clothes then barely use them! Thanks again.

• 17 Feb 2010 Chilindrina83 said

Chilindrina83

I really want to do the Aussie Explorer reverse with the sailing option. Im thinking of doing it from the middle of May until the middle of June, but not sure if it will be worth it because of the weather, because I want to be able to go to the beach, the water, lay down in the sad, but Im afraid it will be cold for that time.Any thoughts would be really appreciated.
    Thanks

• 18 Feb 2010 Danki said

Danki

Considering you spend a lot of time in the northern territory and northern queensland, you will actually get some lovely weather! it should be 30+ during the day in the NT.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion