Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Tour 26 April - 3 May

4 Feb 2008 Explorer1085610 said

Default_avatar
Hi,

My name is Alison and i'm from Brisbane, Australia. I am booked on the egypt tour from 26 April to 3 May. Who else is coming??
  • 21 Mar 2008 Explorer1092351 said

Default_avatar

Hi Alison,

My name is Kaelie I’m also doing this tour. I get in pretty early on the morning of the 26th so I’m looking to do a day trip or something before the official tour start. Let me know if you’re interested. Hope to hear back from you!

• 24 Mar 2008 Explorer1094288 said

Default_avatar

This is my second Contiki trip. My name is Jaime. I’m doing this tour with my girlfriend Cindy. We are both from NYC, can’t wait to start! Any advice or suggestions?

We are both flying from JFK on EgyptAir Flight MS 985 leaving April 25 We are arriving 12:30 to Cairo (APR 26).

I found this website of last years trip.
    http://www.giraffegirl.net/new_york_to_cairo.htm

• 29 Mar 2008 Explorer1092351 said

Default_avatar

This is my first Contiki trip and I’m doing it solo, so I’m hoping for great things! I’m coming in via London so I’ll arrive in Cairo pretty early (12:35am on April 26). So I’ll have a whole day to play with if jet lag isn’t horrible.
    Thanks for sharing that link really helpful. Can’t wait to meet you guys.

Kaelie

PS. Where are the rest of folks for this tour?

• 31 Mar 2008 finn said

Default_avatar

Hello all,

I think I’ll be joining you on this one. Coming in from Ontario, Canada.

IM me! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Finn

• 1 Apr 2008 Explorer1088490 said

Default_avatar

hey guys,

my name is Tim and this will be my first contiki experience. I’m from Melbourne, Australia. I’m flying in from London and getting in at 12.25am on April 26th so like a few of you will have whole day to explore. Am looking forward to meeting you all

Tim

• 1 Apr 2008 Abby said

Default_avatar

Hi all,

My name is Abby and I’m from Ontario, Canada. This will be my second contiki tour, though my first time going solo. I was apprehensive of touring alone in a country where english isn’t prominent (Hopefully their washrooms goes by images and not words – lol). It’s a great comfort to hear other people will be in the same situation, and I can’t wait to meet you all! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

I’m to arrive a day earlier, and would definitely be interested in meeting up with people to see the city.

~ Abby Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 1 Apr 2008 Explorer1085610 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,

This is going to be my third Contiki experience. I am also doing the Great Britain tour from 12 – 19 April.

I arrive in Cairo on 25 April. I will be staying at the Oasis that night. Would certainly be interested in doing a city tour before the tour starts.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

• 1 Apr 2008 Explorer1085610 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,

This is going to be my third Contiki experience. I am also doing the Great Britain tour from 12 – 19 April.

I arrive in Cairo on 25 April. I will be staying at the Oasis that night. Would certainly be interested in doing a city tour before the tour starts.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Alison

• 2 Apr 2008 Abby said

Default_avatar

Hi All,

It appears many of you are arriving early in the morning on April 26th (12:15/12:30AM?). lol – That sounds familar! I was looking at those flights too then decided to fly in a day early. Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

Temporarily excluding the possibility of a day tour, I’m guessing that most people just want to tour the city(??). I propose that everyone who’s interested in meeting up to come to the front of the hotel lobby in the morning at 9:00am (Gotta get use to getting up early anyways…) We can have a quick breakfest together and still have plenty of time to explore. Bring ideas, maps and energy – assuming jet lag hasn’t sucked it out of you yet. haha

Sound good? (I.E. Got a better meeting location or time?)

Can’t wait!
    ~Abby

PS. If anyone has information of a day tour, please share! I wouldn’t mind hearing more information regarding this Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 5 Apr 2008 Chris375 said

Default_avatar

I’m on this tour, this is my second Contiki tour! My first one was 6 years ago (European Discovery) so I’m really psyched to be doing this again. I am leaving Las Vegas (where I live) on April 24 and getting to Cairo around 8pm on April 25. I want to do something on the 26th before the tour leaves!!

Chris

• 5 Apr 2008 Explorer1093227 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys

I’m from Alberta, Canada, and I’m on this tour as well. I get in the night of the 23rd so I’ve got a couple of days kicking around Cairo ahead of time.

Haven’t done a Contiki tour before, but this looks like it’s going to be a blast.

Jeremy

• 7 Apr 2008 Explorer1092351 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,

Really good to hear from some more folks. Anyone else on BA0155 out of Heathrow on April 25th.
    Abby,
    A friend told me about this tour agency so I contacted them about their day trip to Alexandria.
    http://www.eoltours.com/
    They were pretty prompt in their response and in answering my questions. The price for just a single person was US$100. Pick up from the Oasis was slated for 6am and they would get me back to the Oasis in time for the 7pm group meeting. If more folks are interested we might be able to get a better rate per person. So I’m just putting it out there. Take a look at the site it has more details of the stops in Alexandria.

Kaelie

• 7 Apr 2008 Chris375 said

Default_avatar

Awesome guys let’s do this Alexandria trip and get back in time for the meeting. I will volunteer to coordinate who’s going, where we meet, etc. So if you want to be hardcore and do the daytrip to Alexandria on Apr 26 then e-mail me at LVCHRISB+TRIP@GMAIL.COM and I’ll keep you posted!!

Chris Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 14 Apr 2008 Explorer1088490 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
    not long now before the tour. am getting quite excited. Cant wait!!

Kaelie,
    im also on that BA155 flight from London so will probably see you in the air.

Tim

• 14 Apr 2008 Chris375 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

Just a reminder to email me at lvchrisb+trip@gmail.com if you want to join me, Abby, and Kaelie on a daytrip to Alexandria on Apr 26! Right now it’s $60pp but that may go down if we get more people. We will leave early and be back in time for the orientation meeting that night.

See y’all in Africa!

Chris

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.