Community_discussions_small  

Question

Money Bag?

21 Jul 2007 herinapotter asked

Default_avatar
A man in a travel store was trying to sell me a money bag that would clip onto the inside of my pants. I said no, but my parents seem to want me to have it or use something like it, even though neither of them have ever used one when they traveled internationally.

How have you guys stashed your money during a trip to NZ?

Thanks for your time!
  • 21 Jul 2007 Loogie said

Default_avatar

I used a fanny pack. It made me stand out as a tourist and made me feel geicky bringing it everywhere, but I felt safer.

New Zealand is very safe. I went there with Contiki. Yes, I brought a fanny pack but never had any problems.

Let me know if youd like any other advice.

Brian
    brij75@yahoo.com

• 24 Jul 2007 Kezmo said

Kezmo

I got a money belt that you can wear on the outside or inside of your clothes. I got it to put in my money and passport so that i know where they are at all times and for peace of mind. It was only $15 Australian and well worth it i reckon.

• 9 Sep 2007 TotallyGaia said

Default_avatar

Hey – I’ve lived in NZ for almost 19 years (I’m almost 19) and I have never had anything stolen from me in my life. NZ is safe. :-)

• 22 Sep 2007 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

I have travelled extensively through out europe and america and i have never used a money belt or fanny pack.I actually think they make you stand out more as opposing to just using a normal wallet or purse.As long as you use your common sense you will be fine!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.