Community_discussions_small  

Question

Favorite things to do in Berlin

18 Nov 2012 SamL asked

SamL

Hi,
I am going over to Berlin on the 11th of May 2013, 7 days before my Scandinavia & Russia Plus tour begins. Was wondering what your favorite thing to do in Berlin Is, whether you've recently travelled there, local or enthusiastic blog reader who has picked up some tips already. I just want to pack as much as I can into this and any information will be awesome.

Thanks!

• 7 Mar 2013 Explorer1432093 said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m going to be in Berlin a few days before the trip too. Unfortunatley can’t help you out, I have never been there before. But I am in the same boat, would love to see a few things before travelling. Do you know the name of the hotel we meet at in Berlin? I might try to stay there the night before…
    - I’m Lauren by the way! hii

• 11 Mar 2013 SamL said

SamL

Hi Lauren,

I had the same idea, I believe we will be staying at the Plus Berlin http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g187323-d1556633-r145405095-PLUS_Berlin-Berlin.html

I have talked to a few mates who have gone over to Berlin and they say that a place called “White trash fast food” Is a great bar to visit. http://www.whitetrashfastfood.com/

I cannot wait to get there, what date are you thinking of flying over?

• 11 Mar 2013 Explorer1432093 said

Default_avatar

Hey so I am staying with a friend in Sweden the week before our trip but I haven’t booked my flight to Berlin. I’m thinking I might just fly to Berlin the night before and stay at that hotel.. I’d be keen to check out that bar and apparently it’s only 10 mins from the hotel.
    Are you doing the tour solo or with a friend?
    I can’t wait to get there either, should be good fun :)

• 11 Mar 2013 Explorer1432093 said

Default_avatar

Soo… looks like that hotel is booked out at that time – bugger!

• 12 Mar 2013 SamL said

SamL

I was going to stay with a mate in Norway, but I’d like to check out Berlin for a couple of days. I’m going solo! Pretty excited.

• 12 Mar 2013 Explorer1432093 said

Default_avatar

Yeah cool. I’m going solo too. Maybe we could catch up the day before the trip starts or something.. Also, have you got your Russian Visa all sorted? I only found out a few days ago that we needed one, I’m off to the Embassy this arvo! and I also just read that we need a visa for Belarus?… have you got one?!
    I’m so organised….

• 12 Mar 2013 SamL said

SamL

Yea I just found out today, I got an email from contiki. I’ll get it sorted when I fly into Perth on Monday.

• 19 Mar 2013 jaszmeene said

jaszmeene

I was thinking of doing the Russia Plus tour too in September but the Russia visa was freaking expensive so I changed my mind. I did asked about the Belarus visa. My Contiki agent told me they would do a group visa once you arrive there.

• 12 May 2014 Adam Lowe said

Adam Lowe

Hi guys I hope you all had a great time on your trip together! I’m actually a couple months away from taking off on the Scandinavia and Russia Plus myself and was wondering if you’d mind giving me any tips? The main things I was wanting to know were:
    *what sort of money did you take (as in travel card etc) as there are so many different currencies on the tour
    *what are some things you’d recommend to do in Berlin? (I’m also staying four extra nights there)
    *did you all end up just doing the Belarusian visa on the tour? Anything I need for that?
    Thanks so much, would love to hear from you! Cheers

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion