Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone going in October this year?

14 Mar 2009 aussie liz asked

Default_avatar
I am going alone to NZ later this year. I want to go and visit Doubtful Sound coz its closer to Te Anu and also bigger and less crowded than Milford Sound.

I was reading in my brochure that they have a boat you can stay on, and i asked my travel agent last night about it, and she said that you need to book a quad share room with 3 other pple you know.

Now since Im going alone, thats naturally a tad bit difficult.

do you know anyone who would want to share a quad room?

I guess that I could always wait till i stay in a hostel at Te anu or Queenstown and just ask then, but then again i want to be careful who i share with of course.

The reason i dont want to go to Milford is coz its a very long drive, and i hate the thought of a 6 hr return drive and only having like 2hrs at milford. hence why i want to stay on the boat overnight and see more than you do on a cruise
  • 10 May 2009 Nicky said

Default_avatar

Hi Liz,

I am going with 3 other girls in October on the Grand Adventurer Tour.

• 11 May 2009 Pippa said

Pippa

Hi Liz

I’m doing the Grand Explorer tour on my own leaving on October 28th.

Pippa

• 11 May 2009 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Liz,

you do not need to worry about finding roommates for the Milford Sound Cruise, your TM will make the rooming assignments. Everyone goes on the overnight cruise Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

- Vic

• 11 May 2009 Nicky said

Default_avatar

I actually might be going on my own now.. scary stuff!

I’m going on the Grand Adventurer October 8-20th

• 14 May 2009 aussie liz said

Default_avatar

I am still going to NZ, but unfortunately cant do the Contiki tour as they have very few tours in october nad the one when id be there wouldnt give me time to do other stuf that i want to go and do…

Pity coz it wouldve been cool to meet other people and stuff like that..

So if any of you are in Christchurch from the 4th, let me know

• 18 May 2009 kelstar7 said

Default_avatar

i am going solo on the the grand adventurer on october 22nd if anyone else doing this tour let us know

• 27 May 2009 Niks86 said

Niks86

heya
    im doing the grand adventurer on oct 22nd

• 29 Jun 2009 Kane said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Niks86:
    heya
    im doing the grand adventurer on oct 22nd

Hi,
    Anyone doing the Grand Adventurer on Oct 10.
    Can’t wait

• 28 Jul 2009 Lena said

Default_avatar

hi
    i’m doing the northern highlights tour Oct 2nd. Can’t wait.

• 7 Oct 2009 Dee Bee said

Default_avatar

Hi Kelstar7 & Niks86,

My friend and I are on the Anticlockwise Scenic Southern tour which departs C’church Oct 28. Not sure which direction you guys are going in but I believe that the Grand Adventurer tour connects up with our Scenic Southern when you guys reach C’church. Looking forward to our trip soon !!

• 14 Oct 2009 Melly25 said

Melly25

My partner and i are doing the Grand Explorer, Reverse start Christchurch 28th October!!! CAN’T WAIT! 12 days to go!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.