Community_discussions_small  

Question

Febuary & March Tours???

18 Nov 2012 SammyMay asked

SammyMay

This is my first time traveling alone so I thought Id give Contiki a try.
Curious to see what trips people recomment for the months of February & March in Europe.
Help me out :)
Im wanting to have some fun & make some awesome memories!!

• 19 Nov 2012 Jazzwilson26 said

Jazzwilson26

This is just me, but im doing the winter wanderer in February, it looks like a good tour, its goes for 24 days and 12 countries i think, ive heard its pretty good :)

• 24 Nov 2012 Jadezie said

Default_avatar

Hi Sammy
    First you will need to decide what countries in Europe you are really interested in visiting. Maybe do some research. This will help you narrow it down a bit.
    Second you need to decide how long you want to go away for. Do you want to have some time to do any independent travelling before or after the tour? Are you flexible with your dates?
    You’ll be going at a cold time of year. Are you interested in visiting the Alps? They’re beautiful when they’re covered in snow.

If you are interested in art and culture then Italy must be on your list. If you want some adrenalin then the Austrian Tyrol and Switzerland should be places you should consider.

I think a tour 2-3 weeks long is a good choice. It gives you plenty of time to see everything without it dragging on too long.

• 26 Nov 2012 Andy said

Andy

Hi Sammy,

I had the same question when looking for my contiki trip. Because of my job I had a set time period I could spend in Europe and didn’t want to spend my whole Trip with Contiki – I wanted to spend an extra week in the UK and around France. I also wanted to do a trip that covered quite a few cities but wasn’t rushed (at least 2 nights a city) as it was my first time in Europe I wanted to see as much as a could but not be overly tired from being constantly on the move.

I chose the European Inspiration on Feb 9 2013 because it suited me the best – it’s long enough (19 days) and I can enjoy a week before in the UK and a week travelling around France afterwards, it also finishes up in Paris which is what I wanted and each city we stop at has a 2 night stop over, plenty of time to see all the major sights :)

Honestly I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the contiki European tours, they are all pretty amazing. I agree with Jadezie, do some research and decide where you want to go and what you want to do, obviously taking into consideration time and money haha. I’m sure you’ll have some fun and make memories with whatever trip you choose – I can guarantee you the majority of people on your trip are hoping to do the same thing :)

• 13 Dec 2012 Nicole said

Nicole

Contiki is a great start this is my first time as well I’ve been to Europe before with bother company and I’m really excited I’m going to czek, Paris london and Amsterdam March 15,2013 :) very exciting best of luck to you

• 15 Jan 2013 Roger said

Roger

Sammy…
    A friend and I are embarking on “European Inspiration”, on 02 March. I had good news about the tour and pat unforgettable happening. Cheer up! Come together! bye

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion