Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone going on European Whirl tour May 7, 2013?

19 Nov 2012 Gillian asked

Gillian

Hi! I'm going to the European Whirl tour on May 7, 2013. If you're a POSSIBLE companion or you'll be going on the same tour then hit me up here! :) Going solo btw.

• 14 Jan 2013 Natasha said

Natasha

hey gillian! my name is tash and i have just booked in for the same tour :) i’m going solo too, i am so keen!! :D

• 15 Jan 2013 Jay said

Jay

Hey guys, I’m heading on the same tour with 3 mates! Can’t wait! Jump on the meet up forum! There is a few more on there!

• 15 Jan 2013 Natasha said

Natasha

Thats awesome Jay, i look forward to meeting you guys! Glad you’re as excited as i am! Are you all Aussies aswell? And are you guys getting into London early? If so we should all go out for some pre tour drinks or sightseeing or something! Like i said Im going on my own so i’m pretty keen to find some friends to do stuff with haha :) actually i just noticed you are from Sydney, i live 4 hours away but my brother lives up there, and for the next few months i’m up there every 3rd weekend for a course i’m doing, so if you would like to catch up a few times before we leave for a few coffees or drinks then let me know, it’d be great to have a familiar face on my tour :)
    ps. i just noticed that some people are referring to this tour as starting on the 5th of may in other discussions. are they getting it mixed up, or is it something to do with our time differences? Thanks :)

• 15 Jan 2013 Gillian said

Gillian

Hey Natasha and Jay! I assume that you guys are Aussies? I’m from the Philippines by the way :) Although I changed my tour to European Highlights, same date though but a little different itinerary. But I guess I’ll see you both one way or another! xo

• 15 Jan 2013 Natasha said

Natasha

No worries Gillian i hope you enjoy it! Yeah definitely, im sure we will all have a great time :) i have just switched to this tour myself from another, i was originally booked in for a winter tour before switching this week, im really glad i did though because i really feel the cold so i think the slightly warmer climate in May will be better for me :) best of luck with your travels Gillian! xx

• 15 Jan 2013 Jay said

Jay

We certainly are all Aussie! I’m a Sydney boy but spent four years studying at CSU in Bathurst. Two of the other boys and I arrive in London on the 17th of April and we are traveling around Europe for 7 months or so. Then will be looking for a place to live and work over there for a year and a bit. Definitely be keen on a catch up beforehand! What date do you arrive? I know that we are in Ireland for 7 or so days before so will have to work around that. If you arrive a similar time, feel free to come and have a look at Ireland with us if you would like! Yeh, a few drinks in Sydney prior to the tour sounds awesome! Only one of the other guys I’m going with is Sydney based but I will have a chat will him as well! When are you next in Sydney? I actually know quite a few people from down your way in Wagga! Been there plenty of times! I’m not sure if they are getting it mixed up but I’m sure it’s not to do with time differences! They might be writing the wrong thing! Hope you have an awesome time on your tour Gillian! I’m sure either way it will be amazing!

• 16 Jan 2013 Natasha said

Natasha

oh wow have you really, its a small world hey! Yeah theres not a whole heap happening here in Wagga but there are worse places to live i guess haha :) did you really, what did you study there? i’m at CSU here in Wagga so there you go! My best mate moved to bathurst 3 years ago to do exercise science/b. education though and she loves it there, bathurst is a nice place :) ill be in sydney towards the end of the month after aus day so we will def organise something for then! How exciting :) Well im in Ireland too beforehand actually (how strange!) i fly into Dublin on the 28th of April and i’m there till the 2nd of May, then i fly to Barcelona for 2 nights on the 2nd (i got rediculously cheap flights yesterday from Dublin to Barcelona for 55 Euro on the2nd of May, and i also got rediculously cheap flights from Barcelona back to London on the 4th of May for 26 Euro, so i thought for those prices why not go to Barcelona for 2 nights!) And then i’m in London from the 4th Onwards :) wow thats awesome i thought my 2 months was a big thing and youre off for 7 and gunna find a job! Good on you though, my mum keeps telling me she doesnt think i’ll come home either haha! you’ll have the time of your life, just in time to escape the winter cold here too! I’d love to have a look around Ireland with u guys if our dates match up though, that sounds awesome! If you guys are interested in heading to Barcelona I can link you the websites i got my airfares off, i only bought them yesterday so they should still be avail :) , feel free to add me of facebook anyhows i could chat about travelling all day haha, ive got a link to it on my contiki profile :)

• 16 Jan 2013 Jay said

Jay

I did Sports Journalism! Had the best time in Bathurst! It’s brilliant living away from home and I absolutely loved it! Who is your best mate in Bathurst? Is she on campus? What are you currently studying? Sweet, I think I will be away for Australia Day but I get back on the Monday and would definitely keen to catch up! I think we get to Dublin the 27th, we were looking at maybe doing a tour there but we don’t have any real plans at the moment so Barcelona could be on the cards, if not we can do something in Ireland together! I don’t have anything really holding me back in Australia once I quit my job in March so I may as well live it up in Europe for a couple of years! Ps HAPPY BIRTHDAY, just saw that on your Facebook, we will have a late celebration for it when we either meet up in Sydney and definitely when we get to Europe! I’m sure we will chat on Facebook over the next few days!Did sports journalism! Who is your best mate? Is she on campus?

• 21 Jan 2013 luke said

luke

ill be there… i just booked! im heading over on my own too and cant wait for the fun to start! looking forward too seeing u all there!

• 31 Jan 2013 Craig said

Craig

Howzit everyone. I will on this trip as well. All the way from South Africa. Keen to jol with the Aussie people. Been told that you guys know how how to do it properly. I’m flying directly to Amsterdam so will meet you all there

• 4 Feb 2013 Courtney said

Courtney

Hey all! I am on the adventure as well! solo traveller from Canada. cant wait to meet up :)

• 4 Feb 2013 Courtney said

Courtney

this adventure**

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.