Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone booked in on the 26th of Jan 2013?

19 Nov 2012 Chrissy14 asked

Chrissy14

Hey, i'm wondering if anybody else is booked on the Island Hopping West leaving the 26th of Jan. I'll be travelling by myself and thinking about booking the tour this week.
Would be good to see if anyone else on here is also locked in... =)
Chrissy

• 19 Nov 2012 Violeta said

Violeta

hi Chrissy, yes i just booked this tour i fly in to thailand phuket 25 jan 2013 and doing this trip then also once it finishes on the 3rd i heading to Bangkok for a couple days. i be on my own to but i enjoy my contiki trips alone.

• 20 Nov 2012 Chrissy14 said

Chrissy14

Hey, Im also flying in to Phuket on the 25th n staying at the hotel which contiki departs from… I’ll b staying in Phuket after for a couple of more days which a friend is joining me for and then heading to Bangkok.
    I’ve done one contiki by myself and then another with a group. Both were good experiences. Which other ones you done? Where you from?

• 20 Nov 2012 Violeta said

Violeta

sounds awesome im from Australia where are u from?? i have done a few contikis first with my best friend nz . then the rest on my own, i have done NT and the outback OZ, USA , UK and Ireland and this year i have done Top deck which is simlilair, i did the East Coast Australia.

• 21 Nov 2012 Chrissy14 said

Chrissy14

Melbourne n u? I’ve done 2 previous contikis. Did the USA myself n then a European one with a group! You’ve prob seen more of Oz then me it sounds like! How long u gonna be in Thailand for?

• 22 Nov 2012 Violeta said

Violeta

Really I’m from Melbourne to where about are u ?? I be there for the tour then I leave once tour finish go to Bangkok couple days :) we might even be on the same flight !!

• 22 Nov 2012 Chrissy14 said

Chrissy14

I’m in toorak. Where r u from? I’m flying Thai airways that leaves at like midnight or something n arrives the day before the tour. U staying at the contiki accommodation? I’m heading to Bangkok too but not till the 8th of Feb! Our first day of your is Australia Day … I wonder where we could listen to the triple J top 100! Haha

• 22 Nov 2012 Violeta said

Violeta

Haha yes and yes where on the same flight and same accommodation that’s awesome !! Maybe we could meet up before then if u want . I’m not far from Toorak

• 24 Nov 2012 leah said

Default_avatar

Hey ! im going on this tour too ! just booked today. a little bit nervous travelling solo, however its good to know there are others on this tour going solo as well

• 24 Nov 2012 Chrissy14 said

Chrissy14

Haha that’s funny we r on the same flight! Do u have the layover in Bangkok? Mayb we can have a drink before our flight! Yeah we should meet before if ya in Melbs. Where r u?
    Leah it’s fun going by yourself. Gets u meeting people, make awesome friends! Where r u from?

• 24 Nov 2012 Violeta said

Violeta

Leah I prefer going solo it’s awesome scary at the start but u bake friends aright away :) where are u from Leah ?? Yes def have a drink before we go !! I inbox you my number Chrissy u heading this weekend ?? I be in st Kilda more then likley

• 24 Nov 2012 leah said

Default_avatar

thats awesome to hear, feel far more relaxed now. ill be doing the Vietnam highlights contiki and then flying to Phuket for this one .
    im just across the ditch from you guys in New Zealand :)

• 24 Nov 2012 Chrissy14 said

Chrissy14

I’m normally in St Kilda so I’m sure we will be able to organise something. Is this your first contiki Leah? It is daunting but it’s a lot of fun! We’ll have a blast don’t worry

• 24 Nov 2012 Violeta said

Violeta

I agree we will have a blast can’t wait !! 4 and a bit weeks !! :D Chrissy where in st Kilda do u go ?? I be down there tonight we might even hang out at the same place how funny would that be :)

• 26 Nov 2012 leah said

Default_avatar

yes it sure is my first contiki ! any advice haha?
    do you guys have a facebook?

• 26 Nov 2012 Violeta said

Violeta

i have done a few and the only advice i have is dont stress you wont be alone and have fun !!!! everyone is friendly and my experience you make friends for life :) where NZ are you from ?? are u going Bangkok at all?? and yes i do have facebook do you guys??

• 26 Nov 2012 leah said

Default_avatar

I’m in Invercargill studying nursing at the moment. No I’m not just doing the tour and then head home to start back at uni
    Yea just look up Leah Dixon from NZ, you should find me :)

Violeta

there a few there and they dont say form nz?? mine is violeta tasevska

• 26 Nov 2012 leah said

Default_avatar

What was the USA contiki like ? Would really love to do that one as well

Violeta

well i did the la to bay then the wild western and it was awesome !! you should look into

• 26 Nov 2012 Chrissy14 said

Chrissy14

Violeta i’m often in St Kilda on a sunday. Otherwise down there a bit for coffees etc. I also did La to the Bay back in 09 and that was my first one that i did by myself. Leah just try not to stress about the whole “travelling solo” part. Your in a group and you become pretty close very quickly! Its the best way travelling by yourself coz you just do what you want to do.
    I’m on facebook… Its Chrissy Urmston. Tried looking for you guys but it was hard to pick the right person! lol

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion