Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern LA start August 2013

24 Nov 2012 Brad242 asked

Brad242

Anybody thinking of going on this tour, or can anybody who has already done it give me an idea of what to expect? I'm looking at doing this one as my first Contiki - I'm a 26 year old guy from Tassie, traveling solo! Probably looking at an early August tour.

• 19 Dec 2012 Sara said

Sara

Hey! I did this tour a few years ago now. I did mine in Dec though, so I cant be sure about the weather. I can tell you that I had a ball though and met many new friends!!! I definitely recommend it. Just a thing that I was unaware of, on my tour we had some ppl jump off half way and more ppl jump on where the others jumped off. I think there were 3 tours combined together. One was the full grand southern, and the other two were the first and last halves of the tour. This was not a problem though, but ppl were surprised when we found out.
    I hope you do it and have a blast!!

• 2 Jan 2013 Brad242 said

Brad242

Thanks for the reply Sara… It seems im the only one looking at this trip! haha. Im looking forward to it, planning on getting into Cali a week or so early and go see Alcatraz etc. Hopefully the new year will drum up a bit of interest in this tour…

• 9 Jan 2013 David said

Default_avatar

yeh me and the Mrs are going on the 4th of august tour, we are from Perth but im originally from Tassie, we get into LA on the 1st i think and go to NY for a week on completion

• 16 Jan 2013 jess542 said

jess542

Hey brad glad to hear your choosing contiki.
    My friend and I have booked this for the 5th departure.
    Iv done other contikis before and theyr a great time youl love it

• 2 Feb 2013 Brad242 said

Brad242

Hey all, locked in the 15th August tour today, can’t wait! Hope to hear from a few more people going on this tour

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion