Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Towels and morning showers

12 Jun 2008 melb_male said

Default_avatar
Hey all,

Ok so I am doing the european highlights tour in july and it says to bring a towel. So therefore I am assuming that none of the places we stay at supply them ?

My question is, after you have a shower in the morning whats the best way to deal with you towel ? I dont much like the idea of having a wet towel in my suitcase all day because it would get rather smelly.

Any ideas ?
  • 12 Jun 2008 Steve85 said

Steve85

Yep go for quick dry towels, they dry in about half an hour and they are really compact, it’s great. Don’t even bother with normal towels.

There are a couple of places that supply towels, mainly the hotels like St Goar, Amsterdam and Munich.

Unless you are super keen, morning showers are pretty rare.

• 12 Jun 2008 Lauren said

Default_avatar

Does anyone know if you need to bring towels for all tours, or just the budget ones? I’m doing a superior tour (Southern Ireland) and had figured that, if I brought a towel, it’d be merely as a backup.

Lauren

• 12 Jun 2008 Sherbie Woo said

Sherbie Woo

Good question, I’m going on the European Discovery which is a superiour tour. I wouldn’t want to have to bring my own towel, does anyone know if the hotels we are staying in provide them already?

• 12 Jun 2008 Sherbie Woo said

Sherbie Woo

I know this is off topic, but what are “time out tours?”

• 12 Jun 2008 coldfloral said

Default_avatar

Does anyone have any recommendations for quick-dry towels and where to buy them online?

Thanks!

• 12 Jun 2008 Cyphus said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by coldfloral:
    Does anyone have any recommendations for quick-dry towels and where to buy them online?

Thanks!

Any local outdoors store should have them!! Err.. I don’t know about online stores, sorry Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 12 Jun 2008 Cyphus said

Default_avatar

So……. am I right to believe that for budget tours, no towels are provided? So, I would need to bring a full-sized towel for sure? How about beach towels?

• 13 Jun 2008 Just Danielle said

Default_avatar

Coldfloral try www.gogogear.com.au They have one on there, plus heaps of other great things =)

• 15 Jun 2008 Agitator said

Default_avatar

I got something called a fast-dry towel at Bed Bath. I’m wondering if this is the same thing as a quick-dry or something different.

• 15 Jun 2008 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by Agitator:
    I got something called a fast-dry towel at Bed Bath. I’m wondering if this is the same thing as a quick-dry or something different.

Fast-dry, quick-dry – same same just different words.

You can also get body chamois from some places, they might be worth it.

• 15 Jun 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Cyphus:
    So……. am I right to believe that for budget tours, no towels are provided? So, I would need to bring a full-sized towel for sure? How about beach towels?

Correct – no towels are provided. Bring whatever towels you’ll need depending on weather – obviously won’t need a beach towel on a winter tour.

• 15 Jun 2008 Cyphus said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jess-ade:
    Correct – no towels are provided. Bring whatever towels you’ll need depending on weather – obviously won’t need a beach towel on a winter tour.

Ahh.. thanks for the reply- I’m gonna need to rethink my packing list Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> Thanks! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 15 Jun 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

I had a quick dry towel, didn’t love it as it didn’t seem to dry me all that well. But it did dry quick, though not always in time to get packed completely dry. The other thing you could do is take like 2 old towels from home (the thiner the better), or just buy a cheap thin one at a store and throw them out when they start getting icky.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.