Community_discussions_small  

Question

Couples on concept tours

26 Nov 2012 Hollyv asked

Hollyv

Hi,
My boyfriend and I are hoping to book a Contiki in May 2013. We wanted to do the European Escapade as it goes to lots of places we like and we are also on a budget. I was under the impression from reading older posts that if you book with someone you will always be with them for accommodation (whether that be twin share or triple/quad) but then my travel agent called contiki and was told this cannot be gauranteed, can anyone help here??

Thank heaps! :)

• 26 Nov 2012 monnieann said

monnieann

I booked through Contiki and they have told me they make a note that you are travelling with your partner and they make a note to try to keep you roomed together. I found booking through Contiki themselves is really easy and makes the whole experience hassle free as opposed to going through a third party.

Hope this helps :-)

• 27 Nov 2012 Hollyv said

Hollyv

Hi monnieann, thanks heaps for your response! I think we will do the concept thing and just deal with it if we are separated. But if anyone has more info that would be great, ie if anyone knows whether the French chateau or Corfu hotel are twin/quad share that would be great :)

• 27 Nov 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

Pretty sure in Corfu all contiki tours stay at a Contiki resort which was all twin share. At least when my tour was there (a superior tour) there was another tour staying there (a concept tour).

Watch out for ants. My room there was infested with them!

• 28 Nov 2012 Jadezie said

Default_avatar

I went on a 20 day concept tour and shared with my boyfriend for most of the nights. Some nights you might room with another couple. Just make sure the other persons boyfriend doesn’t walk in on you while you’re getting dressed! It can get pretty awkward.
    There was one night in a hostel in Germany where males and females had to sleep separately. I roomed with three other girls on the tour.

Don’t worry you will be with your boyfriend for the majority of the tour. The tour guide sends a list around and you put your name down next to who you want to room with for that night. The couples are usually sorted out beforehand.

• 29 Nov 2012 Hollyv said

Hollyv

Thanks everyone, makes me feel more confident :) If anyone has any other advice about anything contiki/europe feel free to share! Did anyone go in May?

• 29 Nov 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

Do all the optionals

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.