Community_discussions_small  

Question

december tours?

2 Aug 2009 jsboomer asked

Default_avatar
I am scheduled to go at the end of December to the beaches and reefs tour? Is december a good time to go to Australia? I am planning on going alone too...
  • 3 Aug 2009 RachelC said

Default_avatar

Hi! i am planning to go on the beaches n reefs reverse tour with a friend on 27 dec 09. i’ve heard its the perfect time to go as it is the hight of their summer. it’s nice to hear from somebody thinking of going on the same trip! im so excited! i just need to work out now how much money i should be taking with me… i want to do nearly all the extra optional activities! nice to hear from you we should keep in touch, where are you flying from? both my friend and myself are flying from the UK Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> x

• 4 Aug 2009 lozzib said

Default_avatar

Hey people! I’m a Melbourne-based Aussie, and I can tell you end of December is one fo the best times to travel in Aus. Hottest time of the year tends to be in February when school goes back. December/early Jan vary from low 20’s to mid 30’s (in celsius), and the nights aren’t too cold. It can be a bit busy becasue of school holidays, but if you are on a tour you shouldn’t have issues getting in anywhere.
    And we have great shopping around Christmas/New Year – all the Boxing Day (public holiday) sales start on December 26! Great time to shop!

• 4 Aug 2009 RachelC said

Default_avatar

Brilliant ! thankyou! x cant wait!

• 15 Aug 2009 jsboomer said

Default_avatar

Good to hear that someone else is going on the tour. I am scheduled on the Beaches and Reefs tour on Dec. 24th to Jan 10. As of now I am going solo- I hope there aren’t too many couples. I am from the US- California! I really don’t know how mucy I want to take either. Well, thanks for the reply…I wish you and your friend were on my tour!!!

• 26 Aug 2009 lizzie said

lizzie

This is definatly the best time of year it is the start of the aussie summer, and the beaches are fantastic beautiful sand and gorgeous water! have a great time

• 2 Sep 2009 Explorer1145238 said

Default_avatar

I am going on the beaches and reefs reverse tour that begins Dec 18. I am very excited and thrilled to hear that the end of Dec/beginning of January is a great time to go. I am flying out of the US (California)

• 6 Sep 2009 jsboomer said

Default_avatar

I’ll be flying out of California too but on Dec 23rd or 24th. If anybody else going on the tour let me know…I would like to know at least someone since this will be my first time out of the States

• 7 Sep 2009 ~*AZ Native*~ said

Default_avatar

Is anyone doing the Magical Tropics w/Sailing Option that begins in Whitsundays on 12/06? Would love to chat beforehand.

• 15 Sep 2009 labellavita said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1145238:
    I am going on the beaches and reefs reverse tour that begins Dec 18. I am very excited and thrilled to hear that the end of Dec/beginning of January is a great time to go. I am flying out of the US (California)

I’m going on the same tour, but I’m leaving out of CA on the 15th.

• 24 Sep 2009 JenShep said

JenShep

Hey all

I’m from Carins one of the places you will be visting on your tour, and to just repeat what a lot of other people are saying Decemebr is our Summer and also the North’s wet season (it can rain for up 2 weeks non stop during december to march) we get high temperatures of low to high 30 Degress © as we are also further north so sun’s UV rays are Extreme sunscreen and hats are a must! Also we get high humidity so drink lots of water.

Unforunitaly from October to April is also the North’s stinger season (if you don’t know what stingers are google it), so if you go swimming swim in the stinger nets and if you go diving wear a stinger suit.

I’m not telling you this to put you off comming, but as a warning to be prepared. The tropics is a beautiful place to vist.
    Hope you all enjoy your holiday!!!!

• 29 Sep 2009 Explorer1145238 said

Default_avatar

Hey labellavita,

I’m leaving on the 16th from LA actually, and getting there on the 18th. Are you doing an extra day in Cairns by leaving on the 15th?

• 30 Sep 2009 Sandy said

Default_avatar

Looking at booking the Beefs & Reefs tour as well for 12/24 departure…leaving from California as well Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Oct 2009 NaHdz said

NaHdz

Hi!

I second what JenShep said! The weather up north is alot different to Melbourne weather.. it is good to be pre warned so take it seriously because the heat and humidity will hit you if you aren’t prepared! But it is amazing up there I love it even though it is a bit warm lol

Have a great time in Aus!

• 4 Oct 2009 labellavita said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1145238:
    Hey labellavita,

I’m leaving on the 16th from LA actually, and getting there on the 18th. Are you doing an extra day in Cairns by leaving on the 15th?

I’m going to fly into Sydney and catch a flight to Cairns the next morning.

• 5 Oct 2009 patchie89 said

Default_avatar

hey. i agree with JenShep. In december it is summer and it is very hot and humid, but humidty also means wet season, so be prepared for massive down pours of rain which start and finish very suddenly and even cyclones. you should all be safe though so dont stress about it. be prepared to be very hot tho and if u arent used to the sun u will need a lot of sunscreen. the UV rays are higher down south (coz there is a bigger hole in the ozone layer or something over that area) but u will still burn easily in the north. but no matter what the weather u should still have an amazing time

• 5 Oct 2009 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

I am actually looking for a christmas time Australian Contiki Tour.
    Any suggestions would be most welcome looking at a week to ten days.
    Christmas 2010(This Year off To Vietnam and Swore off Going back to Cruising In case I get lumped with a boat of mostly old people)

• 21 Oct 2009 Explorer1154511 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by AZ Native:
    Is anyone doing the Magical Tropics w/Sailing Option that begins in Whitsundays on 12/06? Would love to chat beforehand.

Heya I’m doing this tour Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> but without the sailing option. I’m from Perth. Reeally looking forward to it!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion