Community_discussions_small  

Comment

random question about cameras

6 Oct 2008 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar
soo you know how you can take your memory card out of your camera and print pictures at photo booths (in camera stores or chemists). Well, can you still do that in the us if your memory card is not from the us?
  • 6 Oct 2008 Pervy said

Pervy

Yeah you sure can, lots of people from my last tour had their memory cards burned to disk in the states. Usually at Walmart.

• 7 Oct 2008 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar

ok cool, the idea being that I can print and therefore delete photos for extra memory, and also for something to bring home

• 7 Oct 2008 Pervy said

Pervy

True, thats the same reason people burned them to cds so they could make space on their memory cards.

• 7 Oct 2008 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1085990:
    ok cool, the idea being that I can print and therefore delete photos for extra memory, and also for something to bring home

Printing them will mean lugging back loads of photos…I would put them onto a CD or USB and then print them when you get home.

• 8 Oct 2008 Katie said

Default_avatar

this might seem like a silly question…
    but do CDs made in the US work in AUS

for example if i burnt all my photos onto a cd then deleted them off my camera would the cd work when i got home?

coz i wouldnt want to have lost all my photos… jst a thought, coz i know cds like console games dont work in different countries!

thanks

• 8 Oct 2008 Ando said

Default_avatar

Hi Katie,
    Yeah the CD will be readable back in Aus. It’s no different really, to downloading files over the internet from a foreign country. All computers can read the same JPG picture file.

Cheers,
    Andrew

• 8 Oct 2008 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar

even better ideas. thanks guys

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion