• 22 Jan 2013 Duffy said

Default_avatar

Are you travelling Solo aswell???

• 22 Jan 2013 Duffy said

Default_avatar

are you travelling solo?

• 23 Jan 2013 markrhodes86 said

Default_avatar

Yes I’m travelling solo as well. I arrive in LA on the 28th of april and i’m staying at the hotel where the tour starts. When do u arrive in LA ???

Default_avatar

Yes I am travelling solo. I arrive in La on the 28th of April. When do u arrive ???

• 23 Jan 2013 Duffy said

Default_avatar

hi there! I fly out on the 30th april and arrive in downtown LA (;/) on the 30th. I will be leaving the day after the trip ends aswell from the same place on the 15th May! Its good to know that there are other people travelling solo! Is this your first time travelling solo? I was a little concerned, as I will probably be the youngest on the trip as I will be 21 when I go !!

Default_avatar

Hi, Oh ok cool. Were are u going after the trip ?? Yeah it is. No this is not my first time travelling solo. I have travelled solo before but this is the first time I have ever been on a tour like this so not to sure what to expect. But also looking forward to it, meeting new ppl etc. I turn 27 on the 15th of may so everyone will have to come out and celebrate my B’day. lol.

• 23 Jan 2013 Duffy said

Default_avatar

ha oh right quite a bit older than me then a more experienced traveller! What do you mean by this is a different triP? Are you flying out from the UK then? Hahaha and definitely celebrations will be in order—- happy birthday—for then—-what a way to spend it eh?? How did you find travelling solo for the first time? x

• 23 Jan 2013 Duffy said

Default_avatar

oh and i am travelling straight home afterwards- just spend the last evening in LA before travellling back midday on the 15th to Heathrow. ;)

Default_avatar

a few years but not many. Well when I travel i usually don’t do tours just organise where and what I want to see and just go. Much better way to travel as you don’t have dead lines and to be places etc when you don’t travel on a tour where as this contiki tour we have like one day here and 2 days there. Just different to what i usually do thats all. Not flying out of Heathrow, I’m Flying out of Brisbane, Australia. Def will be celebrations, Thanks :) u can wish me happy b’day then. lol. I found it grt. Just wish I had someone to talk to thats all. But you’ll be fine, I’m sure there will prob be a few solo travellers like ourselves and at least you know i’m a solo traveller.

Oh see I fly out to New York on the 15th may pretty early in the morning too I believe. Shame you don’t get to see a bit more of the country. I’ve been talking to a mate over there and he is going to try and get me a couple of tickets to a baseball game in San fran for when we are there. Fingers crossed he can get some tickets.

• 23 Jan 2013 Duffy said

Default_avatar

AW awesome!! From OZ?! that is soo cooool! always wanted to see Australia, you lucky bean! Sure I would not feel confident enough to just book things as I went, kinda like the idea of stuff being arranged for me on a first time tour on my own- I wouldnt know where to begin! Yes it is great to know that there are other solo travellers- i know that plenty of ppl do travel on their ownsome, but its great to speak to ppl that are actually doing your trip ;) And baseball games?- that is amazing!!- cant go to the US with out seeing a game- even though I dont have a clue about how the sport works aha ;P Ah OK, yeah i am flying to and from LA either side of the trip- I think that the trip in itself is big enough without fitting stuff around it- if i were with someone i would defo go New York.

How much stuff is organised on the trip do you know? I am not 100% how much free time we have where I will have to make it on my own ;/
    And are you on Facebook? If so, would be great to communicate through there aswell as here — my name is VICTORIA DUFFY (from London)

x

• 23 Jan 2013 Stevo89 said

Stevo89

hi guys, I’m on this tour to, i get to LA on the 26th April, excited!

Stevo89
    I’m from Perth Australia btw
  • 23 Jan 2013 Duffy said

Default_avatar

awesome!!! you travelling solo?

Stevo89

i sure am, can’t wait, most people on contiki are solo travelers which is awesome

• 24 Jan 2013 Duffy said

Default_avatar

awesome stuff?! you on facebook? trying to get ppl together who are going…. i wil make a fb community page- it would be a great way to connect before the trip! Where are you flying out from and are you staying the in the pre tour accomodation in downtown LA beforehand?

• 24 Jan 2013 Duffy said

Default_avatar

ahah sorry, reading up ^^ i can see you are from perth australia! lots of ppl from OZ i see :)

• 24 Jan 2013 Stevo89 said

Stevo89

Yes I’m on Facebook (full name ‘’Stephen Collins’’) yes i agree to make a Facebook community page, my previous European Contiki tour did one, works very well, Oz usually dominates Contikis!

I arrive in Los Angeles on the 26th April, i stay in the tour accommodation the night before and night after the tour, I’m staying at a hostel at Hollywood/Highland for 4 nights before the tour

• 5 Feb 2013 Katelouise said

Katelouise

Hi guys!! im also booked on the same trip. travelling solo!!! and Victoria dont worry. Im 22 and never travelled on my own so u wont be alone!! :) hope everyone is getting excited!! i get into LA on the 30th April from Sydney, Australia. Then im making my way over 2 Canada the day after contiki finishs on a working Visa!!

• 5 Feb 2013 Duffy said

Default_avatar

hey steve- i cannot be sure ima gonna add the right stephen collins ahaha!- more details please! and Kate hi!- we are doing a facebook page and so it would be great to get a fb community page together- could i have your full name and other details so that i can find you on fb and we can get a community page set up! my name is VICTORIA DUFFY and my profile picture on facebook is me as a young girl in black and white with a guy with a guy as the cover photo! Hope you both can find meeeee!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Top Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response over 1 year

This question was posted about almost 2 years ago. It has been discussed 23 times.

3 people are following this discussion.

• Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Stevo89

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.