Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ultimate European April 11

20 Oct 2007 black_sheep17 said

Default_avatar
Hey Guys,
Just wondering, if anyone else is going on the Ultimate European Trip in 2008 from April 11 to May 25? I cant wait until it gets here it'll be one of my longest trips i'll ever go on.. Smiler Well hope to hear from anyone going, catchya round.
  • 27 Oct 2007 black_sheep17 said

Default_avatar

The date of the tour following the 11th April is the 20th April. Hope it helped.

• 27 Oct 2007 NZBlue said

Default_avatar

Hi, Im Booked in For April 11th as well
    and i will be doing the Egypt option.
    Im also Doing the UK/Ireland Contiki (31 May) after The Ultimate European

Im Traveling alone from NZ and can’t Wait

Have you booked the Tour Black Sheep?

• 28 Oct 2007 natski said

Default_avatar

I was supposed to go on the second tour in April with my boyfriend (thanks black_sheep for letting me know the start date!), but now he is unable to due to family responsibilities. I still want to go, and it’s ok with him, but am so scared to go alone!!

• 12 Jan 2008 SA+Kiwi Boy said

SA+Kiwi Boy

Hello all

I’m going on the 11 April tour and i will be doing the Egypt option.

The tour will be the start of my OE and I’m hoping it will give me a good idea of the places that I would like to visit again on my weekends of.

I will be traveling alone and like natski I’m getting a bit nervous about traveling by my self.
    In saying that I think it will be great adventure.

• 17 Jan 2008 Carli said

Default_avatar

Hi all, thinking of booking this tour shortly. i will take the greek option as it is a bit cheaper and i will be headed to egypt later in the year with friends.

i’m moving to the uk for an undetermined amount of time and this is the first tour i am taking. using it as a taste tester for future visits to the areas for weekenders. would love to meet people on the tour that could be future travel partners!

• 17 Jan 2008 Carli said

Default_avatar

oh, and check out http://www.davechallenger.com/
    its a guys diary from doing this tour, quite detailed and a fun read

• 17 Jan 2008 Chrissy said

Chrissy

Hey there everyone! I’m also doing the UE departing April 11. I’m a 25 year old girl from New York traveling alone. This will be my second Contiki trip and I’m very excited about it. The first trip I did was the Great Britian and Southern Ireland tour and since I had such a blast I knew I had to do another tour. Oh, and I’m doing the Egypt option.

• 19 Jan 2008 SA+Kiwi Boy said

SA+Kiwi Boy

Hello Carli and Chrissy

Great minds think alike, I’m also using the tour as a way to see what places i would like to go back to. I’m going to work in London for two years after the tour.

I have a question, does anyone know if we need to get Malaria injections if we are going to Egypt.

Andre

• 20 Jan 2008 NZBlue said

Default_avatar

Hey Andre, Where are you from?
    Im From Waikato (NZ)

And about the Malaria Question My Brother and His Girlfriend Where There 2 years ago and Didn’t Have/Need and Injections

• 20 Jan 2008 SA+Kiwi Boy said

SA+Kiwi Boy

Hi Brad

I live on the North Shore in the big Smoke (Auckland).

Thanks for the info, my parents are getting a bit paranoid because one of their friends just came back from Africa and he needed to get the injection. I tried to explain to them that Africa is kind of big but, I’m sure we all know what parents can be like.

So Brad are you coming with us on the UE?

• 21 Jan 2008 NZBlue said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by SA+Kiwi Boy:
    Hi Brad

I live on the North Shore in the big Smoke (Auckland).

Thanks for the info, my parents are getting a bit paranoid because one of their friends just came back from Africa and he needed to get the injection. I tried to explain to them that Africa is kind of big but, I’m sure we all know what parents can be like.

So Brad are you coming with us on the UE?

Yep im on the 11th of April UE
    I fly out of Auckland early on the 9th of April and arrive in London at 3:30pm (9th)
  • 22 Jan 2008 SA+Kiwi Boy said

SA+Kiwi Boy

I’m leaving Auckland on the 21 March. I’m stopping over in Hong Kong (4 days) and Beijing (6 days) before I arrive in London on the 31 March.

This will give me some time in London to go for job interviews before the tour starts.

• 25 Jan 2008 Carli said

Default_avatar

heya everyone, does anyone want to share a room at the national the night(s) before the tour?

i have an aunty to stay with outside of london but depending on departure time i was thinking i might actually like to be near the basement…

im female but i dont mind sharing with a guy in a twin room.

• 30 Jan 2008 SA+Kiwi Boy said

SA+Kiwi Boy

Hello Carli

I wouldn’t mind sharing a room but I have already booked my accommodation. I think Contiki’s policy is that if you would like to share a room with a friend you need to book at the same time. The good news is that if you are traveling alone they will share you with a same-sex room mate in a twin room.

Hope this helps,

• 1 Feb 2008 Carli said

Default_avatar

thanks, kiwi boy.

was hoping someone else on the same trip would share a room so we could be each others alarm clocks and i wouldnt disturb someone who was having a sleep in day!!

i’m beginning to panic now!!! i leave for the uk in 57 days and i’m worried i wont be ready. this is a semi permanent move for me which i’m celebrating by going on this contiki trip! is any one else getting a bit overwhelmed with their visa applications etc??

• 12 Feb 2008 AUSSIE DAN said

Default_avatar

hey guys, my name is daniel. im from melbourne australia. gonna be doing this trip including egypt. cant wait! gonna be the time of our lives! planning to travel around uk afterwards for a few weeks too if anyone is interested. what do you guys think we will need for spending money?

• 13 Feb 2008 Carli said

Default_avatar

from all the other discussions i have been reading over the past few weeks you need to budget about 100 euros a day.
    this will obviously be dependant on the sites you want to see and the amount of drinking you want to do!
    they mention what you save one day when you are on the bus travelling to another stop you spend the next exploring it.

• 15 Feb 2008 SA+Kiwi Boy said

SA+Kiwi Boy

Hello Daniel,

It’s nice to have you join us for the “little” trip.

The budget thing has me a bit waried because I need to keep in mind that I need to have some money left for hen I get back to London to get a flat. I’m not to keen on sleeping in a box.

Carli I hope your visa application is all done. Just one question, have you opened an English bank account. I have been told it’s a bit of a pain to get one once you are over there.

Andre

• 17 Feb 2008 Carli said

Default_avatar

hsbc has a passport account that i have signed up to get. it has a regular everyday account and a savings account linked together. they lock you in for 12 months at 6pounds a month or 60 pounds up front when you join. its marketed toward the working travellers because essentially its low doc. apply for it now and then when you arrive you just need to take in your passport to offically open it.

also check out

Carli Beange would like to inform you about Tranzfers!

Whether you are working or studying, living or holidaying overseas, you no longer need a Bank to send money between Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Singapore. Now you can save time and money with Tranzfers’ cheaper fees and faster service.

Tranzfers offers you:
    1. Lower Fees
    2. Better Rates
    3. Faster Transactions
    4. Safe & Secure
    5. Flexibility with More Control
    6. Tranzfer 24 Hours, 7 Days a week
    7. Personal Service
    8. Your chance to claim great rewards such as an iPod touch

9. And now you can Tranzfer Euros and the Polish Zloty!

See for yourself – Simply copy the following link – http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=carli1982 – into your browser’s address bar, register and start using Tranzfers today.

Regards,
    The Tranzfers Team
    team@tranzfers.com

• 25 Feb 2008 SA+Kiwi Boy said

SA+Kiwi Boy

Hello all

Thanks for the bank account info it was really helpful. I left it a bit late to organize these things but it looks like I will have an account by the time I get to London.

I got my Visa today, supper glad and relieved.

Question, is it a good idea to take a laptop with me? I was thinking I could use it to store pictures, send emails and to charge the iPod.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.