Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern?

11 Jan 2011 Jess01 asked

Default_avatar
Hi,
I'm planning on booking the grand southern tour (L.A to NY) for the 14th of july and was just wondering what were some of the opinions of the tour?
I'll be travelling on my own (just a little nervous Cool) and it will be my first time doing a contiki tour.
And with regards to the optionals do they have to be prepaid for or can you pay for them on the tour?
Thanks Big Grin
  • 11 Jan 2011 Nea Nea said

Default_avatar

Hi,

I havent done this Tour yet… I am doing it in 81days (April)

I am so excited as i bet you are!

The optional extras are paid for as you choose to do them!

& You should see if there is a facebook group for this tour i found mine and its great getting to know some of the people i will be with before i go!!!

• 11 Jan 2011 Jess01 said

Default_avatar

Ohhh great suggestion about the facebook groups! I’ll definitely have to see if there’s one for this tour Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Yeh I’m already excited even though I haven’t booked anything in yet.

• 13 Jan 2011 Jess01 said

Default_avatar

Booked and paid for my flights and tours today!
    So excited! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Can anyone suggest any decent hostels in LA and NY?

• 17 Jan 2011 Matty said

Default_avatar

Hey Jess,

Just went on the tour a few months back and it was AMAZING! i loved every minute of it! Don’t worry about travelling solo… most of the people on our bus were solo and everyone became such good friends! The optionals are paid for in some time during your trip and you pay for them all at once… we just paid for ours on the bus even though we had already done a few optionals they just keep a record of who has done what! Have fun Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Jan 2011 Natalie said

Natalie

hey do u think 34 is too old too go on grand southern holiday ……..
    natalie

• 19 Jan 2011 Jess said

Default_avatar

I did this tour in 2008 and loooved it! I travelled solo and made many friends. So much so that a group of us are going back and doing the grand northern in september. No matter what age or background, you will have a blast, just relax and enjoy!

• 19 Jan 2011 Jess said

Default_avatar

I did this tour in 2008 and loooved it! I travelled solo and made many friends. So much so that a group of us are going back and doing the grand northern in september. No matter what age or background, you will have a blast, just relax and enjoy!

• 20 Jan 2011 OrchyK26 said

OrchyK26

Hey
    I’m planning this trip in October 2011.
    I’m the same with you Jess, i met the most amazing people on my Grand Northern last year. And there are about 4 of us planning this GS this year…. so excited!! (You’ll love the GN Jess!!)
    Kate

• 23 Jan 2011 Jess01 said

Default_avatar

Just wondering, for those who’ve done the GS are there any optionals that are not worth doing? And which ones should I really do?
    There are a few that have caught my eye but there are a few others I’m not sure on.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion