Community_discussions_small  

Question

Camping suitcase???

13 Jan 2011 Jenny2011 asked

Jenny2011
I'm going on the 46 day camping tour and I'm wondering what kind of suitcase to bring... <BR>Does it need to be waterproof?<BR>Does it need lots of sections?<BR>What about locks?<BR>Lightweight??<BR><BR>Any ideas on what is a good suitcase to take on a mega long camping trip???
  • 13 Jan 2011 Ren said

Ren

Hi!

I purchased one just from Big W, it is a hard case one which I feel will keep off water and its only 4.5kgs.

I was going to go with my soft case one which can expand however I think the hard case will be better to fend of water!

It also has 4 wheels! It was only $110

• 15 Jan 2011 lizzie said

lizzie

Hey guys, honestly When i did this tour june, 2010 we had 3 and a bit weeks of rain.. something waterproof is always a positive. Personally I had a backpack which was waterproof and that was awesome. If you do have a suitcase make sure its not too bulky and that it doesn’t weigh more than 20kg with everything packed cause they do weigh them!! You will have a ball, enjoy and saver every moment!!!

• 18 Jan 2011 Louise said

Louise

I’ve got one of those suitcases that also have the straps in the back. That way I can carry it on my back if there is stairs, but still wheel it Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Hopefully its good!

• 19 Jan 2011 Jenny2011 said

Jenny2011

http://www.bagworld.com.au/sho…le-wheeled-duffel-b/

Kinda like this bag? I’ve been looking everywhere!!! And coz it’s a 46 day trip, I’m worried I won’t have enough space. This suitcase is good coz it’s got two separate sections. Making it easier to find stuff. Can’t find a local distributor tho… So if I get it I’ll be buying blind…
    Any thoughts? Ideas?

• 20 Jan 2011 Louise said

Louise

Its very similar to that bag actually. It’s good, has a few different pockets where I can seperate things. I’m hoping its big enough. A friend of mine took a bag like it and did the 46 day camping tour 2 years ago and she had plenty of room. My sister did the 32 day camping tour last year and took a hiking pack. She had enough room too, but she did choose to send some clothes home so she could buy more.

Thats a shame you can’t find a local distributor! I just got mine from our local Strandbags store (well for Christmas but thats where its from :P) but I have seen them around heaps now I’ve got one.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.