Community_discussions_small  

Question

Woolworths Global Roaming sim card?

4 Dec 2012 Kelsey asked

Kelsey

I've been reading up Woolworth's mobile global roaming sim card and it boasts massive savings while travelling and being able to get coverage/data usage in hundreds of countries.

I'm looking at this because it should give me coverage and data usage in all the countries i'll be in, whereas some local sim cards or travel sim for Europe might not allow me to in certain countries.

Has anyone used this before or know of anyone who has? I'm wondering if it's too good to be true? I'm also finding it hard to find reviews on this, maybe because it is newer?

• 13 Dec 2012 NJB said

Default_avatar

The Woolworths SIM is pretty new, and probably does everything it claims. However, the GO-SIM international SIM is cheaper and definitely works in all the countries its supposed to.

• 13 Dec 2012 k3v1n said

Default_avatar

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/18/iphonetrip-sim-rental-review-best-staying-connected-overseas-smartphone/

I will be getting this when I head to Europe in May. Unless another operator can offer cheaper rates.

• 8 Feb 2013 Kelsey said

Kelsey

Thanks! I’ll check out the go-sim too.

• 14 Feb 2013 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I’ve just recently discovered the app called ‘viber’, you can download it on devices running on android or through iTunes. As long as you have Data connectivity the app let’s you send free texts and make/receive free calls with others who also have Viber. Im now thinking of getting the data only bundle sim and just using this app. A lady I work with recently had her two kids go to Canada and the other to Pakistan. None of them got any phones bills or paid a thing and stayed in contact the whole time. And her son in Pakistan didn’t even have a phone,he just Viber on his I-Touch!

• 4 Apr 2013 Tombowie said

Default_avatar

I went to Europe in February! Started from Spain from there I headed over to Italy and Switzerland. I ended my Trip in the UK! I used a roaming Sim card which was great!! Its called Tellink roaming http://tellinkroaming.com/
    I bought it online from their website. It worked great! The best thing about it was the free incoming calls in all of Europe!
    The Data costs are very high so I didn’t use that!
    The Cool thing is i live in New Zealand and I still use it here!!

• 10 May 2013 Imelda said

Default_avatar

Viber and skype can be useful but you are dependant on WiFi which is not ideal. For work, I travel at least once a month so to eliminate nasty roaming charges I bought the Woolies global roaming SIM. It has worldwide coverage and great rates in Europe, UK and USA which is where Id travel most frequently. A great feature I find is that you can add a local Aussie number to the SIM so my friends and family can call me at a local rate! www.woolowrthsglobalroaming.com.au

• 11 May 2013 Chris713 said

Default_avatar

What do you need a sim for? I’ve done numerous contiki’s and I don’t think anyone has had a fully functioning phone. It’s not needed. Most places yo stay at will have wifi so you can check your facebook etc then.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.