Community_discussions_small  

Question

Winter Wanderer 1 February 2013

5 Dec 2012 Candy Lee asked

Candy Lee

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to get excited about the tour as I have all my winter clothes now! When is everyone arriving? I'm there a week earlier and will be having a look at London and possibly Ireland before the tour. I also have a few weeks after the tour.

• 5 Dec 2012 Maxie said

Maxie

Hi Candy,
    Nice to meet someone from the same tour! I’m arriving in London the day before the tour and am bracing myself for an extremely jet lagged first leg of the trip. I’m working in London after for a few months. Soo excited!

• 6 Dec 2012 Candy Lee said

Candy Lee

Nice to meet you too:) Yes, you probably will be on struggle street for the first few days of the tour!

• 6 Dec 2012 Kirsten said

Kirsten

I’m going on this one too :) There’s another discussion about it somewhere on the forums but it’s pretty dead. I’m arriving in London on the 26th of Jan and am planning on squeezing in all the sights of London and also Stonehenge and Bath before the tour starts :)

It was such a mission trying to find winter clothes in the middle of Summer but I think that I have enough to survive (and am probably very close to the 20kg limit!). I’ll be living in Milan, Italy for a few months after the tour though so am really struggling with what I should pack as I’ll need spring/summer stuff too… looks like I’ll just have to buy myself a new wardrobe and ship it back home again (which looking at all the rates online will cost me a small fortune!)

I’m so excited though! :D

• 6 Dec 2012 Candy Lee said

Candy Lee

Hi Kristen I get into Paris on the 26 of January too. Plan is to stay there for a few days and train it to London before the tour. I’m from Queensland so I completely understand how hard it is to find winter clothes, but I ended up finding some good deals at Snowbiz.

That’s exciting you will be living in Milan for a few months, I’m looking at staying in Spain for a few weeks after the tour should be warmer by March.

• 10 Dec 2012 anita said

anita

me too :) i leave on the 26th of january from perth and get there 27th :) stayingat the royal national the night before.

• 10 Dec 2012 anita said

anita

Kirsten where are u coming from? Possibly on my flight?? ahah im trying to sightsee the whole of london in that time also.

• 11 Dec 2012 Candy Lee said

Candy Lee

I will be keen to sight see London;) I will be there Monday morning 28 January.

• 11 Dec 2012 anita said

anita

I will be staying in st christophers ladys oasis backpackers near the london bridge etc:) for 27-30th then the royal national the night before tour starts, so well contact thru here if your up to do anything:) ive never been there before so yeah im tryna get all the london cliche things done in the 5 days:)

Candy Lee

Sounds good! Do you want to see Ireland? I think you just catch a ferry over there. This is my first time in Europe too. I’m not sure where I’m staying in London yet, still in the process of booking accommodation. 

• 11 Dec 2012 anita said

anita

Ireland ay.. i was thinking of it.. if its just a ferry may as well for a day or so haha ill suss it out :) i didnt realise it was that close to do so though so thats cool:D

Candy Lee

I was thinking for a day if it’s a short trip over. My flight agent is going to let me know the details, but it would be nice to see Dublin and checkout the pubs an maybe even have a Guinness;)

• 11 Dec 2012 anita said

anita

AWESOME:) WELL YEAH KEEP ME POSTED, ILL BE THERE AT THAT TIME ROAMING ON MA LONESOME AHHA shit sorry caps . sounds good i may as well go over for a day atleast:)

• 11 Dec 2012 Kirsten said

Kirsten

I’m from Brisbane leaving on the 25th of Jan so I arrive in London on the 26th :) I’m staying at the Royal National the whole time before the tour so if you want a buddy to see some of London let me know! :)

• 11 Dec 2012 anita said

anita

awesome:) ill be in the royal national the night before the tour starts so we can all meet in the lobby/bar whatever there is there and chill :) & yeah for sure ill be alone the whole time so sounds good :) first time in that weather gonna cry being there for 5 days haha

Kirsten

Yeah, I think anything under 20 degrees is cold! I just looked online and the temperature in London for the next week is under 10 degrees everyday… I am definitely going to freeze!!

Candy Lee

I’m on my lonesome too:) I might have to check out this Royal National everyone seems to be staying there!

Candy Lee

Hi Kirsten, I’m flying out from Brissy on the 25th too, I’m flying with Singapore Airlines.

Kirsten

I am flying with Singapore Airlines too!! :D

Candy Lee

Cool, we might be on the same flight:)

Kirsten

Are you going from Brissy to Singapore, then Singapore to Paris? We might be on the same flight for the Brisbane to Singapore leg :D

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion