Community_discussions_small  

Question

Winter Wanderer 1 February 2013

5 Dec 2012 Candy Lee asked

Candy Lee

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to get excited about the tour as I have all my winter clothes now! When is everyone arriving? I'm there a week earlier and will be having a look at London and possibly Ireland before the tour. I also have a few weeks after the tour.

• 15 Dec 2012 Candy Lee said

Candy Lee

Hi Kirsten, I actually leave the 26 now from Brissy but arrive in London on the 27 Jan (stopover in Korea). I ended up changing my flight to go to London as I had to get to London anyways.

• 17 Dec 2012 Candy Lee said

Candy Lee

I will be staying at Royal National for the week before, pretty good deal through contiki:) not long now!

• 27 Dec 2012 Alice said

Alice

Hey :) I’m going on this tour as well!! Staying at the Royal National the week before. I’ve booked the 6 days contiki where you can travel London on your own but get bus passes and day trip to Bath etc. Soo excited!!

• 27 Dec 2012 Candy Lee said

Candy Lee

Hi Alice, I don’t have any set plans but keen to see sights in the UK and possibly Ireland before the tour;-) only four weeks away now:-)

• 27 Dec 2012 Alice said

Alice

Yea, I’m getting excited!! I’ve got a week in Scotland on a Haggis tour, then 6 days in London. Have a look at the Bus-a-bout brochure at the Shamrock tours, There’s one that goes for 5 days, mine was around $300. If you wanted to do a tour thing!

• 27 Dec 2012 Candy Lee said

Candy Lee

Ok thanks, I might check it out! I will be in London from the 27 January and staying at Royal National too:-)

• 27 Dec 2012 Maxie said

Maxie

I won’t be getting to London until the night before Contiki leaves. I guess I’ll meet you guys there!

• 27 Dec 2012 Alice said

Alice

Definitely!!

• 2 Jan 2013 Juan Ignacio said

Juan Ignacio

Hi everyone! Im going to this travel to! I will arrive to london january31! i´m excited, i want to arrive soon to this travel… its gonna be the best contiki group!

• 2 Jan 2013 Alice said

Alice

What’s everyone packing?? My bag weighs a bit more than 15 kilos minus shoes and toiletries, and then a carry-on that weighs 3. I feel like I have minimal stuff, but just wondered where everyone else is…

• 2 Jan 2013 Juan Ignacio said

Juan Ignacio

My travel agency says to me the limit of the bag weight to the contiki bus is 20 KG. i take for the trip a detail list: 3 first skin 3 jackets 5 pants 5 shirts 5 sweater 1 waterproof mantel for the rain and two waterproof shoes, But i´m a men. The womans take a lot of more clothes! lucky with that! jajajaja

• 4 Jan 2013 KFrankie said

KFrankie

Hi, I’m 28 and from Brisbane too and flying with Singapore Airlines but on the 17th. I’ll be in London from the 18th of Jan until the tour leaves if you want to meet up :) I’m planning on living in London for the next two years but at the moment have almost no winter gear… I think I’ll just buy it once I get there.

• 4 Jan 2013 Alice said

Alice

Hey that’s great!! I’m living in London for the next two years as well! Teaching :-) where are you staying before the tour? Would love to have a drink!

KFrankie

I’m teaching too :) Secondary school. I’m staying with my cousin (teacher as well) when I first get there in North London. A drink would be great! Just read your comment on packing too. I’m up to 20kg without toiletries… I have no idea what to pack but feel like I’m leaving so many things behind!

• 4 Jan 2013 Alice said

Alice

I got down to 12kilos in my big bag and 3 in my carry on. But hopefully it’ll be a hit lighter when I get off the plane!! A friend recommended buying your products over there because its heaps cheaper. I’ve just got minimal stuff, will most likely need to buy warmer stuff when I get there!! Make sure your bag is 20 kilos or under for the bus, I’ve heard they weigh them! Lucky you can leave some stuff with your cousin!!

KFrankie

Pretty sure I’ll be re-packing. That’s why I started early so I can keep cutting back. My friends have said the same thing – cheaper and warmer over there. Worse comes to worse my cousin will inherit my old things while I take off in my new gear :)

• 4 Jan 2013 Maxie said

Maxie

I’m just taking winter clothing and toiletries. Tempting to take much more, but it will definitely be cheaper there. How exciting that some of you will be working in London! I’ll be working in London for 6 months doing bartending. I will then be teaching (if all goes to plan), in Spain!

• 4 Jan 2013 Alice said

Alice

What will you be teaching in Spain??

• 4 Jan 2013 Maxie said

Maxie

ESL – I’m doing a TESOL course to teach English in Spain :)

• 5 Jan 2013 KFrankie said

KFrankie

Wow! Teaching in Spain sounds exciting :) I have no formal plans yet, just going to see where I wind up I think.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion