Community_discussions_small  

Question

How much to take on a 14day contiki?

16 Apr 2010 Explorer1177978 asked

Default_avatar
Just sorting out how much to save for my Contiki in a years time when I move over to the UK. Im most likely gunna be drinking a bit but not a splurger and not really one to buy stuff I dont need. Its more like an intro to Europe for me and would wanna go back at another stage to do a more in depth tour myself.
  • 16 Apr 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

The general recommendation is 100 euro per day. You can go for less then that, but you can spend more then that. If you’re not buying much other then drinks then the 100 euros sounds about right.

• 16 Apr 2010 Mel the aussie said

Mel the aussie

yeh $100 should be enough and look at it this way, if you dont spend it all thats more for ur time in the UK right. see i’m taking $100 a day and trying to save for a little bit more too coz i know how much i spend when im at home… but then again i dont wanna have to buy crappy cheap souveniers just coz i dont have the money… for eg venice i wanna get a good venetian mask as long as its not overly expensive like $100 but i’d like that option.
    but if your not that big of a spender you should be fine on $100 it just gives you the freedom to buy what you want with out worrying about the price tag (too much anyways lol)

• 17 Apr 2010 Explorer1177978 said

Default_avatar

wicked thanks heaps guys. Im thinking a hundy sound like they to go from what I’ve been hearing.

• 18 Apr 2010 Explorer1167996 said

Default_avatar

spend 100 euros per day on?!

• 18 Apr 2010 Mel the aussie said

Mel the aussie

i spose it all depends on how much you wanna buy and wat kind of quality… if you want good quality things it will cost a bit more. plus if your a big drinker money goes pretty quick

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion