Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Escapade 20th May 2013

7 Dec 2012 Liz asked

Liz

Is anyone doing this tour? My partner and I are thinking of doing this tour, and we are looking for anyone else who is planning on going on this tour :P

• 15 Dec 2012 Liz said

Liz

ok we have booked! who else is in :D

• 1 Jan 2013 Liz said

Liz

Hey Ash,
    thats awesome! I know we cant wait! is this your first time to Europe?

• 17 Feb 2013 Tim said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys, I’m also in, All booked and paid for, I’m Leaving on the 17th to go on the London explorer for 2 nights then start the escapade on the 20th with you guys, Can;t wait!!!

• 21 Feb 2013 Dan said

Dan

im hoping to go on this but i have to find a way to pay for it!

• 21 Feb 2013 Dan said

Dan

Oh I will most definitely try! If not my 2nd option is the expedition

• 18 Mar 2013 diamondsss said

Default_avatar

hey guys thinking of doing this tour but still tossing up between many options! out of curiosity why did you guys pick contiki over topdeck (or any other tour company)??

• 19 Mar 2013 tyty said

tyty

Hey, I am looking to do the European Escapade tour as well.. but there is no option for May 20th… does anyone know why?

• 30 Mar 2013 elk said

Default_avatar

I’ve just signed up for this tour! :) 7 weeks to go!

• 10 Apr 2013 jesslouise_ said

jesslouise_

Hi guys, i too am also doing this trip! I am so excited :) not long to go now!

• 10 Apr 2013 SallySparrow said

Default_avatar

Hello friends, I am European and I welcome you all! May I share some advice?

Be warned that Contiki will try to take you to “museums” or “showrooms” which are actually shops that they receive commission from. The pressure to buy will be heavy. If possible, it’s better to get away and explore as you will find better and cheaper souvenirs away from the tour route.

Please try to get to know some locals in your short time with us. The sights are pretty but we are real people who live here and would like to get to know you. Too many drunken buses of tourists drive up and then drive away 3 hours later. They saw some of the country, but they sure didn’t experience it.

Pack very light. Take out half of your clothes you think you need. You will regret your heavy suitcase, especially on some of the paths here.

Please be respectful. Please don’t negatively compare to things back home. Please don’t throw up all over our pavements or drop litter. Please don’t scream and shout at 3AM. Please at least know “thank you” in the languages.

Please come back as an independent traveller if you like what you see, and experience more of our culture and land.

Happy travels!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.