Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai Island Hopper West Dec 25-Jan 02.Who's going?

7 Dec 2012 Jason asked

Jason

I'm going to be in Bangkok a couple days ahead and possibly a day or two afterwards as well. Anyone else on this trip??

• 7 Dec 2012 Elbre said

Elbre

Hi Jason, jip me too – Will be in bangkok 23 to 25 the morning and then again afterwards! Looking forward to an awesome holiday!!

• 7 Dec 2012 Jason said

Jason

awesome! i’m doing the same as you. do you know where you’ll be staying? i haven’t done that part yet. I can’t seem to find a flight back to bangkok from Phuket on Jan 2 (nothing avail until jan 4) so I may have to stay in Phuket until the 4th — then fly back to BKK. what about you?

• 7 Dec 2012 Elbre said

Elbre

I know – had to change all my plans due to no flights on the 2nd!!! – I am flying out on the third.
    will be staying close to the airport in bangkok – still need to finalise the last hotel – and then in Phuket I have booked in a hotel Alfresco!

• 10 Dec 2012 Sheena said

Sheena

Hi Jason and Elbre, I’m on the Thai West Hopper as well from the 25th – 2nd. Im flying back on the 4th from Phuket. I’ll be flying into BKK on 22nd morning and staying till 25th.

We all should meet up in Bangkok, and go out for drinks and stuff!!
    I’m staying by the Chao Phraya River.

• 10 Dec 2012 Jason said

Jason

Hi Sheena! I arrive in BK on the 23rd @ 9:15PM — lets def link up for drinks and a walk around the city or whatever. Where is the Chao Phraya River? I’m staying at Park Plaza Soi 18 between Benjakiti Park and Banchasin Park. Also staying in Phuket until the 4th — at Pier 42.

I’m also going to Hong Kong after the Phuket trip for a few days — anyone also doing this by chance?

• 10 Dec 2012 Sheena said

Sheena

The river is a pretty big attraction from what I gather. I’m staying at the Sheraton and its pretty close to places like the moon bar, vertigo and sky-bar I think! Lol !
    Hong Kong would be fun! Are u flying from Phuket to Shanghai and then just sort of traveling around?

• 11 Dec 2012 Jason said

Jason

Wow, sounds like you chose a great spot to be in! Msg us your email so we can link up when we arrive. I’m flying from Phuket to Hong Kong directly on the 4th – 8th. I’m excited but it looks like I’m doing this leg of the trip completely solo lol!

• 11 Dec 2012 Elbre said

Elbre

I’m staying close to the airport- my plans got a bit mixed up. Arriving in Bangkok very late on the 23rd and was planning on flying out the 24th but now only flying out the 25th – maybe we can all meet up the evening of the 24th for drinks?

• 11 Dec 2012 Sheena said

Sheena

Add me on fb it might be easier to co-ordinate.

• 11 Dec 2012 Sairsha said

Sairsha

Hey I am going on this trip in Feb, I am a solo female traveller, do you think I should leave a few days open at the end of my trip before flying back in case I want to head places with people I’ve met on the trip? Not sure what to do x

• 17 Dec 2012 Stak said

Stak

Hi! I’m going to do this tour too, and arrive in Bangkok probably on 22nd and to Phuket on the 25th I’m also a solo female traveller so would be keen to catch up for some drinks and meet some people :-)

• 17 Dec 2012 Jason said

Jason

Awesome! Another solo traveler. So far it looks like Elbre and I are both arriving on the 23rd kinda late and Sheena is arriving the 22nd. What do you say we all meet on the 24th sometime for lunch/dinner/drinks/whatever and take it from there?

• 17 Dec 2012 Sheena said

Sheena

Sounds like a plan!! Also what time is everyone’s flight on 25th to Phuket? How does carpooling to the hotel from the airport sound?

• 17 Dec 2012 Stak said

Stak

Sounds good! I haven’t booked my flights yet, but I was looking at an air Asia one at about 7am that was only about $100 AUD

• 17 Dec 2012 Sairsha said

Sairsha

Hey guys, I am in Phuket staying at Nomads Chalong Bay 19th-26th January, fancy meeting up for a drink on 25th or 26th? :-) x

• 17 Dec 2012 Jason said

Jason

That sounds good to me — I think we are technically on our own in the evenings anyway. The 25th is our “meet and greet” night and the 26th is our last night out in Phuket before we leave for Koh Phi Phi. Why don’t we all private message each other our contact info so we can plan it out?

• 17 Dec 2012 Jason said

Jason

oh, Sheena — I’m down to carpool, but my flight doesnt leave until 2:55pm… what about yours?

• 18 Dec 2012 Sairsha said

Sairsha

I am leaving Phuket the morning of 26th Jan so meeting up 25th would be great x

• 18 Dec 2012 Sheena said

Sheena

Sairsha I think we might be on different tours? Looks like your going in January.

• 18 Dec 2012 Sairsha said

Sairsha

Yes I am going on feb 2nd but I am in phuket until 26th jan on my own x

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion