Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Wembley Stadium & getting to a Paris train station

6 Jun 2008 vivy09 said

Default_avatar
Hi!!

I am off to do London & Paris on June 28 (Smiler!!) and have about 2 days in London before it starts and was hoping to go do a tour of Wembley Stadium. I know that I can book/buy my ticket online but I am just trying to figure out how I go from Russell Square to the stadium? I know there is a tube but which line...do I have to change anywhere...???

Also, I am off to Amsterdam by Eurail at the end of the London/Paris tour and what is the best way to get to the station? (I think it is Paris Nord).

So much thanks in advance!!
  • 7 Jun 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

OK – just for your info, there’s different stations/stops for Wembley Park and Wembley Stadium. I don’t know what the walking distance between them is (although I wouldn’t think it’s that far) but just to be sure, make sure you head to Wembley Stadium!

There’s two ways to get there.

Via the Chiltern train line – departing from Marylebone station.

Take the Piccadilly line from Russell Square down to Piccadilly Circus (3rd stop). Then change to the Bakerloo line going north and go 4 stops to Marylebone Station. When you get there ask someone at the station for a ticket to Chiltern/Wembley Stadium.

The station is on the south side of the Stadium. If you’re arriving by train from Marylebone cross the tracks using the White Horse bridge.

The other option is go to directly to Wembley Central station via the Bakerloo line (ie: instead of getting off at Marylebone, stay on until it gets to Wembley Central Station stop (about 15 stops)).

On exiting the station, turn right and walk in an easterly direction along the High Road, past McDonalds and Burger King, to the Wembley Triangle junction and clock tower island. Turn left into Wembley Hill Road, cross the road and follow the pedestrian route across the White Horse bridge. Allow 15 minutes’ walk.

Hope this helps.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.