Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern/Southern Adventure July 8th 2013

12 Dec 2012 AngNZ asked

AngNZ

Hey guys, just curious if anyone else is booked on either of these tours?

• 1 Feb 2013 Katey said

Katey

Hey! Ive just booked!

• 3 Feb 2013 AngNZ said

AngNZ

Hey Katey =)
    Are you booked on the Grand Southern or Southern Adventure?
    Where are you from?

• 3 Feb 2013 Glenda said

Default_avatar

I’m booked on the Grand Southern on 8 July 2013

• 3 Feb 2013 AngNZ said

AngNZ

Hey Glenda, awesome =) Where are you from?
    I’m booked on the Southern Adventure (first half). I did the second half a few years ago and had an amazing time.

• 3 Feb 2013 Glenda said

Default_avatar

I’m from England and this is my first trip to the USA. Where are you from?

• 3 Feb 2013 AngNZ said

AngNZ

I live in Auckland.
    This is about my 8th trip to the States (I have family there).
    Are you travelling solo?

• 4 Feb 2013 Katey said

Katey

Hey! Ive booked Grand Southern 8th July and I’m from Australia! :)

• 4 Feb 2013 Glenda said

Default_avatar

I’m travelling solo. Are you travelling with friends?
    What are you both looking forward to the most?
    I can’t wait to see New York, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and so much more. I can’t believe how excited I am when there is still 5 months to go

• 4 Feb 2013 AngNZ said

AngNZ

I’m travelling solo also.
    I’m looking forward to everywhere! But in particular The Grand Canyon, Vegas and New Orleans.
    I can’t believe it’s only 5 months away – seems like I’ve been counting down the days forever!
    If you have any questions about anything on the second half (New Orleans-New York) feel free to ask and I’ll see if I can remember =)

• 4 Feb 2013 Glenda said

Default_avatar

Do you remember how much money you needed on average each day? I really don’t
    know if I’m going to be taking the right amount. Also are there any optionals that you did
    that you would recommend?

• 4 Feb 2013 AngNZ said

AngNZ

Money is a hard one… there were some days when I spent less than $20 US and other days when I spent way more! For this one I’ve averaged it out at $50 a day, with a little extra for random things.
    Oh and factor in tipping the bus driver and the tour manager – I forgot to last time and it stung a little.
    Also it helps if you work out how much the optionals you may want to do are beforehand.
    I think I did most of the optionals and enjoyed them all. People from the 1st half last time said the New Orleans cooking school was a waste of money. I’d definetly recommend the Miami boat cruise – best $50 I spent (all you can drink for 2hrs)!

• 7 Feb 2013 Kenny said

Kenny

Hi people! I am going too and booked! Wait for me and I will see you guys in LA! And then I will have to finish in New Orleans (That means First Half, Southern Adventure only) because I need to fly to Chicago (and Philly) to visit my US friends :)

Greeting I am Kenny from Sydney, Australia! :) :) I will travel solo and would like to visit more people around the world….Nice to meet you Ang, Katey, GLenda too :) Vegas, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon……….WOW!

Besides I will arrive in LAX on 27th June. This is because I have another tour to be done. However, I will be back to LA again on 7th July so that we can meet each face to face around 7pm for pre-departure meeting :D

For the money issue, I highly recommend you guys bring $3000 – $4000 as you may pay for some exclusions :)

• 17 Feb 2013 Brooke Bitschkat said

Brooke Bitschkat

Hi, I’ve booked in for the Eastern Discovery tour starting the 20th of July which joins the Grand Southern starting the 8th. I’m from Australia and travelling solo.

• 17 Feb 2013 Kenny said

Kenny

hi Brooke! Nice to meet you! I am Kenny from Sydney! So do I as I am travelling Solo too! When will you arrive in LA? :) Are you from Wollongong? I used to live there before for 3 years and I have friends in the gong! :D! YEAH!

Brooke Bitschkat

Hi Kenny, I’m doing the second half of the grand southern tour, which is the Eastern discovery tour, so I will be starting in New Orleans.

• 17 Feb 2013 Kenny said

Kenny

wow! I can still see you in New Orleans before I head off to Chicago :) Brooke

Brooke Bitschkat

Yes, I’m from Wollongong, it’s a great place!

• 18 Feb 2013 Kenny said

Kenny

HAHAHA! Wollongong is a nice place to chill and going to the beach! I wish I could live in the gong again! And We can catch up in New Orleans if we have chance! Haha! :)

• 25 Apr 2013 Mike said

Mike

Hi guys… i’ve just booked onto the Southern Adventure starting 8th July. I’ve just set up a facebook group for it too…. Contiki souther adventure 8th July. Can’t wait to meet you all :)

• 25 Apr 2013 Kenny said

Kenny

Can’t find that page at all!!! Just give me the fb page and then I can have a look mike :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.