Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone else with gluten allergy?

12 Dec 2012 Emily asked

Emily

Hello everyone. I will be going to Ireland and Great Britain in July of 2013 and I have a severe gluten allergy. I cannot have wheat or flour. I was wondering if anyone else has a gluten allergy and has traveled, and any tips? Thanks :)

• 16 Dec 2012 Mel said

Mel

I have a severe gluten allergy as well and I have been to Greece before not Ireland or Great Britain. I spoke to my tour manager at the start of the tour and they were helpful in explaining my situation when we where eating out as a group. I found language to be a problem but hopefully you shouldn’t have that issue. I also found a travellers guide to gluten free eating and it listed a whole heap of countries and foods in those countries that were gluten free as well as a translation of the allergy in a whole heap of different languages. Hope that helps :)

• 1 Apr 2013 Charlie said

Charlie

Hey Emily I am also going on this trip in July. What date does yours start? I also have to have gluten free. This will be my 6th Contiki tour and they have been really good about it. The least accomidating country has been here in the states on the Grand Southern. Even then it was just a lot of green salad not too bad.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion