Community_discussions_small  

Comment

South Island MUST DO!

1 Mar 2010 SoLoTrAveLLeR2010 said

Default_avatar
I just returned from the South Island of NZ, however i wasnt on a contiki. SPEND AS MUCH TIME AS YOU CAN IN QUEENSTOWN!! It is the most awesome place you will come across as far as partying goes! My reccommendations are World Bar after 10pm for $7.50 teapots (with cocktails, not tea lol), Altitude if you want to dance (this is where the backpackers and AJ Hackett bungy people go. Loads of fun people!) and the Pig and Whistle if you just want a few cruisy beers. Whinny's is good apparently and the Boiler Room looks good too (Lady Gaga was in there when i went there!).

Yak club is generally for an older crowd however the 'crowd' changes every few weeks with tourists coming and going so it may be good when you go.

When in a taxi, if u are by yourself make sure u r on rate 1 and if in a group u r on rate 2. It will cost u a fortune if u r by urself and not on rate 1!

If your from Australia, not one ATM says it takes Commonwealth cards. It lies. It will work lol. Just cant go into a shop and use it for eftpos, must be an ATM (i used westpac atms)

Thats all off the top of my head, ask me any other questions and ill do my best to help.

(I also went to Milford Sound, Christchurch, Franz Josef, Hamner Springs, Te Anau and Mt Cook)
  • 2 Apr 2010 Explorer1175809 said

Default_avatar

thanks for the advice…gonna be in Queenstown in about a week…super stoked…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion