Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Advice on best and cheapest way back to London from Paris

21 Feb 2008 Explorer1088738 said

Default_avatar
Hey there Smiler

I'm doing the London Paris contiki which finishes in Paris on the 12th September and I have another contiki starting on the 13th September in London.....can anyone offer advice on the best (and cheapest lol) way of getting back to London on the 12th? Would it be worth flying or just going back the way I came?? Please help Smiler Would love to have it all sussed as early as possible Smiler
  • 21 Feb 2008 lindenfan1 said

Default_avatar

I am pretty sure you can take advantage of a free transfer back to London on the bus – that is what I am doing… just be prepared to pay for a night in London – I don’t think that you Kiwi’a get a night before your tour paid for like us Canadians…

• 22 Feb 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

i’m not sure how the london paris tour works with the bus, I would recommend calling contiki to find out when the bus returns to london and if you can ride on it.

• 22 Feb 2008 Explorer1088738 said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the Great Britain and Southern Ireland tour after the London Paris one….The Eurostar train sounds fun Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’ve sorted and paid for accommodation in London that night already Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Made sure my travel agent had that sorted….but he didn’t know the easiest way back to London…..Eurostar sounds like a plan if the bus isn’t going back Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Is there a way to find out if the bus is going back beforehand or would I need to wait until the actual tour starts to find out that sort of information?

• 25 Feb 2008 Explorer1088738 said

Default_avatar

That is awesome info thanks Matty Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Feb 2008 lindenfan1 said

Default_avatar

I sure hope my bus is heading back to London after my European Whirl – I told them that when I booked it – the lady actually gave me the option of ending in Paris or London… although being stranded in Paris wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world!!

• 5 Aug 2011 lea_r said

lea_r

Hey there! We are doing a European Discovery tour in September. Been thinking about not taking the Contiki bus from Paris back to London and just do the Eurostar, so we can either spend some more time in Paris, or arrive early in London. Does anyone know how long is the travel time from Paris to London via the Contiki bus? What time does it leave Paris, and what time does it arrive in London? Thanks in advance! :)

• 6 Aug 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

Usually the busses leave around 8ish am. Depending on traffic and ferry times busses will get into London around 4-6pm. If you want to spend more time in Paris I would look at trying to get a flight out of paris instead of going back to London. While it’s usually not cheaper, it’s worth looking, if it only costs a little bit more it might be worth there being less hassel.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion