Community_discussions_small  

Question

Eastern Road 7th Sept 2013 - Oktoberfest

14 Dec 2012 Trent asked

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,

Is anyone else interested in finishing the tour and then heading to Munich for Oktoberfest? (It begins Sept 21st and goes till Oct 6th) I was thinking about booking a camp site that is close and on the shuttle route to Oktoberfest. It is called Camping Thalkirchen and looks like a lot of fun but is in high demand.

Thanks,
Trent

• 15 Jan 2013 AndrewBeer said

AndrewBeer

Hi Trent, i am doing the Eastern Road 8th-20th 2013 trip then going to Munich for oktoberfest (via Chernobyl, Ukraine). Last time i was in Munich in 2011 i did the contiki oktoberfest camping that stayed at Thalkirchen but this time round im going to upgrade to hotel accommodation

• 23 Jan 2013 jooleebee said

jooleebee

Andrew – what was your experience like with the Oktoberfest camping? I’m thinking of doing it this year.

• 24 Jan 2013 AndrewBeer said

AndrewBeer

i had an awesome time, definetely something everyone should experience. Only things i didnt like were the long lines to the toilet/shower block and the people in the tent next to the one i was in. But my advice dont catch the bus over from London, find your own way there as it is the most uncomfortable 18 hrs youll ever experience.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion