Community_discussions_small  

Question

Eastern Road 7th Sept 2013 - Oktoberfest

14 Dec 2012 Trent asked

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,

Is anyone else interested in finishing the tour and then heading to Munich for Oktoberfest? (It begins Sept 21st and goes till Oct 6th) I was thinking about booking a camp site that is close and on the shuttle route to Oktoberfest. It is called Camping Thalkirchen and looks like a lot of fun but is in high demand.

Thanks,
Trent

• 15 Jan 2013 AndrewBeer said

AndrewBeer

Hi Trent, i am doing the Eastern Road 8th-20th 2013 trip then going to Munich for oktoberfest (via Chernobyl, Ukraine). Last time i was in Munich in 2011 i did the contiki oktoberfest camping that stayed at Thalkirchen but this time round im going to upgrade to hotel accommodation

• 23 Jan 2013 jooleebee said

jooleebee

Andrew – what was your experience like with the Oktoberfest camping? I’m thinking of doing it this year.

• 24 Jan 2013 AndrewBeer said

AndrewBeer

i had an awesome time, definetely something everyone should experience. Only things i didnt like were the long lines to the toilet/shower block and the people in the tent next to the one i was in. But my advice dont catch the bus over from London, find your own way there as it is the most uncomfortable 18 hrs youll ever experience.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.