Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Alcohol

25 Aug 2006 gratephich said

Default_avatar
Hi, I was planning to buy some Absinthe in Amsterdam and I was wondering if I can bring it back in my luggage or should I just ship it over?
Thanks
  • 26 Aug 2006 kristen773 said

Default_avatar

Are you able to ship absinthe to yourself in the US? If you packed it in your suitcase, wouldn’t the bottle be confiscated by customs when coming back to the US? I was wondering the same thing but I don’t want to get into any trouble… has anyone been successful bringing these types of things back into the US?

• 26 Aug 2006 ptooma said

Default_avatar

I brought one bottle in my checked-in luggage back to the USA no problem.

If there are any lawyers who wanna decipher Absinthe in the USA, feel free Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

- Vic

• 26 Aug 2006 gratephich said

Default_avatar

Thanks,
    I think the safest is just to ship it back to myself. I am planning to buy 3 small bottles. So if I put that in my bag they might have the wrong idea.

• 27 Aug 2006 kristen773 said

Default_avatar

Does absinthe have an “anise-like” flavor? What is thujone? I thought absinthe was made from wormwood. (All I know is that I am looking forward to trying it on my trip!)

• 20 Oct 2010 Stace & Damo said

Default_avatar

I bought my absinthe from a little bottle store across the canal almost opposite Anne Franks house, the store guy posted two bottles to me which I received 2 weeks later and my boyfriend and I each bought 1litre home in our suitcase which did not get questioned by customs.
    I did not experience any hallucinations but one of my mates thought his feet were wet beacuse we were on a boat and our feet were below sea level. It’s pretty good stuff! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.