Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Flight Time Problem

12 Jun 2006 Megz07 said

Default_avatar
I'm heading to Madrid for the start of my trip and the itinerary says to meet at the hotel by 6. Is it possible for me to catch a flight that flys in at 530 and be a little late to the hotel? Its just the first meeting and if I were to fly in earlier it would be a lot more expensive.
  • 13 Jun 2005 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Meg,

I take it you are are on the Spanish Spree or Med Highlights tour. I don’t know if you are going to be able to get your baggage and get to the hotel on time. You might miss the meeting alltogether. What you are going to miss is sangria and perhaps quick intros of all the participants (ie: name/country). The Tour Manager™ will ask you for the Contiki receipt that arrives in your document package, your passport number, and travel insurance policy number, as well as any special dietary needs, medical conditions that people may have. And a quick description of the tour and daily routine. It’s going to be a little slower pace at the hotel than if you are departnig from London as on a traditional tour. After all is said and done, you’ll be told what time to meet the next morning, but there is  a day sheet that will be posted at the hotel’s lobby which will outline the schedule of the next day’s activity times.

If you know you are going to miss the meeting, call up Contiki beforehand and ask them who the TM is and perhaps you might be able to buzz them up when you do arrive, because English is not a strong suit of the staff at the Madrid hotel I stayed at. Or perhaps the head office can send an email informing the TM you are going to miss the pretour meeting in advance.

- Vic

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion