Community_discussions_small  

Comment

california highlights!!!!!

2 Sep 2008 steve said

Default_avatar
hi im thinking of doing this tour next year, and i would like to know which way do they go down the coast or through the middle in california?
  • 3 Sep 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

What do you mean by which way? If you’re looking for the itinerary, as in when you go where, you’ll find it here: http://contiki.com.au/tours/3-california-highlights

• 3 Sep 2008 steve said

Default_avatar

i mean do they travel along the coast of california or do they go straight through the middle which highway?

• 3 Sep 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

Ahhhh, right. I would presume they go through the middle, which would be the quickest way there (unless there is something specific they need to stop and show you along the way).

Couldn’t tell you which highway, not sure anyone could. Probably all depends on the driver.

• 4 Sep 2008 Kristen M. said

Kristen M.

I’m not too sure why you would want to know the freeways and stuff but I can tell you from Yosemite to San Francisco, you will probably take like 3 different freeways and windy roads. From San Francisco to Los Angeles you will probably going down CA 101, since that tour stops in Santa Barbara and it is a much more scenic drive than going through mid-state.

• 6 Sep 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

When I did it in 2003 we took the regular highway from San Fran to Santa Barbara and the Pacific Coast Highway from Santa Barbara to LA.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.