Community_discussions_small  

Question

Europe Winter Trip, should I wait for Summer?

12 Oct 2010 Explorer1212342 asked

Default_avatar
Hi all,

Contiki in the Winter, I'm 24, want to see Europe, but I'm starting to feel like I need to slow down the plans until Summer comes back around, when it comes alive for weather and festivities.

Just wondering what the feeling is and what the best way to see it in the winter would be.

And seeing as its a once in a life time trip I'm very hesitant to consider a Winter trip, where I could instead see Australia+Asia or even Africa.

(I'm from New Zealand).
  • 12 Oct 2010 Wez said

Wez

Unless you specifically going to Europe to experience the winter vibe or ski ect, I would say rather go when it’s warmer. I just went during April (spring) and that was great!

• 14 Oct 2010 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

considering this is a once in a lifetime trip I suggest waiting for summer.It is like Egypt or China in that you only may go there once possibly or twice in your life.go when it’s warmer but not too hot

• 14 Oct 2010 liselise said

liselise

I’m going in Winter but that’s more because this is the only time in the next few years that I know for certain that I have a couple weeks free. If time wasn’t an issue I’d definitely go in Summer instead as I’m one of those people that feels the cold. In saying that I’m not considering this to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip as I’m just doing a short trip now so I can get a feel for Europe. In a few years time when I have more money and can get time off work I plan to take much longer to see more stuff. And I’ll probably do that in Summer.

• 14 Oct 2010 ryaneco said

Default_avatar

I’m going in the Winter; I am spending Christmas over there and can not wait; I guess it depends on what you want!

I love the cold; I love the snow and my girlfriends sister is currently living in the UK so we’re going over to spend xmas with her then to do a contiki from the end of Dec through January! Can’t wait!

Though I plan on returning and doing a summer trip next time as I’m doing a few winter countries this time; well places that I think will be good winter places; liek France, Switzerland, Germany etc then when I go back for summer I’ll do greece, spain, croatia etc..

Its impossible to do it all in one trip anyway; unless you’re made of money.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.