Community_discussions_small  

Question

WiFi on buses?

20 Dec 2012 Kelly asked

Kelly

I don't know if this has been asked before, but is WiFi on the bus free or do you have pay and if so how much? Also how is the strength of the connection?

Thanks!

• 26 Dec 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

There’s no WiFi on the Contiki bus…at least not the one I was on last spring

• 28 Dec 2012 ldodsy said

ldodsy

I have a friend who is currently on a contiki tour in New Zealand who posted that they have wifi on there bus, I am heading on a contiki in New Zealand in a week and the information I have read says they have wifi on the bus though there was nothing i read to suggest you had to pay for it. Not sure about the buses they have else where.

• 28 Dec 2012 Laura W said

Default_avatar

Hi I live in New Zealand – if you need sort term cell phone use I would suggest 2 degrees. I pay $19 per month have internet, texts and 100 mins talk time.

• 28 Dec 2012 Kelly said

Kelly

I was reading for the England and Scotland Summer trip and it says that they have one, but it doesn’t say anything about price so I was just wondering. Thanks!

• 28 Dec 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

I think I remember my TM telling me that they’re slowly phasing in WiFi on the buses in Europe. Maybe by the time you go, they’ll all have it. And as for price, it shouldn’t cost anything

• 28 Dec 2012 mel said

Default_avatar

hi, i went on contiki europe in july and there was no wifi on the bus. in some of the places we stayed there was free wifi. but everyone went crazy and was super hard to connect and stay connected. i pritty much went without wifi the whole trip

• 15 Jan 2013 MichaelClark said

MichaelClark

April last year I did a contiki in Europe. Our TM said they were testing it then rolling it out. I met a few people from my tour a few days ago who are doing a contiki in NZ, where I live. They think wifi is on the NZ Bus. I think it’s true as they posted a facebook message during the day.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.