Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Panorama 9th September 2013

27 Dec 2012 RayGold asked

RayGold

Hey, Just wondering if anyone else is going on the European Panarama that starts 9th September? I'm going Solo. :)

• 27 Dec 2012 evana_rose said

Default_avatar

Yep I’m booked for this tour! So excited! Can’t wait! Would have booked it sooner but gotta save and I figure may as well go to Oktoberfest as well.
    Do you know how the weather is going to be like then- at different parts?
    Fingers Crossed it won’t be too cloudy at Swiss Alps. Apparently they cancel the optional to go to Mt.Titlis if it is (because apparently you won’t see much anyway.).

• 28 Dec 2012 RayGold said

RayGold

Hey. From what I’ve read the weather around that time is’nt too bad but it can be pretty unpredictable.
    I can’t wait!

• 28 Dec 2012 evana_rose said

Default_avatar

Yeah from what I’ve heard, apparently it’s overcast most of the time in London but looking from the Olympics (end of July- August.) it wasn’t too bad.
    Apparently Greece is always hot (like 30 degrees over- Corfu part) and I’m expecting the Alps to be freezing cold. Not sure about the rest though.
    What part of the world are you travelling from? Done contiki before?
    I’m from Australia so I got a 27 hour flight ahead of me. Not sure how I’ll deal with the jet lag, as I haven’t done long flights before. I just went on the NZ Contiki and that was good fun.

• 29 Dec 2012 RayGold said

RayGold

I’m traveling from Australia too! Perth. This will be my first Contiki. should be fun.
    It’s going to be a long flight alright :/

• 29 Dec 2012 evana_rose said

Default_avatar

Yep looking forward to the long flight lol not…but I’m travelling from Melbourne. Having a stop over in Abu Dubai; don’t really know where that is, but apparently not too far from Dubai (about 2 hours stop.) then arriving at london. What are you looking forward to on the trip? Planning to do any optionals? It’s ages away, but can’t help but think about the trip already. Heard anything from others about this trip?

• 30 Dec 2012 RayGold said

RayGold

I’m going to do as many of the Optionals as I can. It all depends on how much money I have saved up.
    This tour stops in all the places that I really want to see in europe which is awesome. I’ve read a few blogs from people who have done this tour before but they were from four years ago or something so I don’t really want to go by those ones. Any tips about contiki tours?

• 30 Dec 2012 evana_rose said

Default_avatar

Any tips? Hmm…well you’ve probably heard that contiki can be party central.
    I probably sound like a party pooper and an oldie lol but it’s good to pace yourself (tour managers tip also.) because from experience, the tour can be full-on; early mornings, late nights every night= contiki cough, sickness and exhaustion and being sick on holidays suck. Unless you’re really one of those go, go, go, energetic people but I guess I’m old compared to the others being 26 lol. But yeah, it did catch up with people; party gooers coming back 4am and then sleeping til 2pm the next day :P
    Other than that, I’m guessing that there will be more optionals than the brochure..as this was the case in NZ but probably with free time, you could also choose to do other optionals, so spending money is better to over estimate.

RayGold

Very handy tips… I’m 25 and I’m not really a party person. although being around party people that may change… soon find out I guess.
    I’ve been told to aim for 100 euro per day for spending money but I’m going to try and save up more than that. Just in case.

• 30 Dec 2012 evana_rose said

Default_avatar

Yeah I heard 100 euro too. Do you know what the exchange rate is? I know that’s likely to change but just curious anyways.
    Have you travelled anywhere else? Any tips with jet lag or travelling?
    I came across this site: http://www.heynadine.com/category/travel/
    Apparently she did European Panorama a couple of months ago and recorded some videos and blogs.

RayGold

Well I grew up in New Zealand and the longest flight i’ve ever been on was 8 hours. I’m going to get to London a couple of days before the tour just to try and get over the jet lag… don’t know if that’ll work but I’ll give it a try.
    The exchange rate is currently 0.78 euro for $1.00 Australian. I don’t know if thats good or bad… :/

• 31 Dec 2012 evana_rose said

Default_avatar

Yep same here- the 8 hours flight (to Philippines.) and staying in London a couple of days earlier. I heard to bet the jet lag, it’s good to stay awake as long as you can before the flight..so by the time you are on the flight, you are so tried you end up sleeping. Not sure about that though, as sleeping in the plane isn’t the most comfortable. Yeah, I have no idea what that means about the currency- get the feeling it’s more expensive :/

• 4 Jan 2013 jai1989 said

jai1989

Im planning on booking for this tour.
    Im from Sydney. Staying in London for 3 nights before hand then leaving from Amsterdam.
    Im pretty excited, this is my first contiki and northern hemisphere trip.

• 5 Jan 2013 RayGold said

RayGold

Hey. That sounds great. This is my first contiki too. :)

• 5 Jan 2013 evana_rose said

Default_avatar

Hi jai1989, I’m also on this tour. So excited! I’ll be staying in London 4 nights before and leaving London also. Are you a solo traveller? This is my first solo. Did NZ Contiki with a friend

• 5 Jan 2013 jai1989 said

jai1989

Evana_rose sorry nah, not a solo traveller. Going with my partner.
    I went to nz last year, but privately not through contiki.
    So excited.

• 15 Jan 2013 jai1989 said

jai1989

Is anybody else worried about this trip not being a definite departure? Was that anything yu considered before booking?

• 15 Jan 2013 Nelisha_N said

Nelisha_N

Going to book this trip soon! Lol, I’m just so indecisive, but I think I might have found the one. So is anybody else leaving luggage at the basement in London? I need to get to London in advance too, I’ll be coming in from DC so I hope my time management proves correct.. Lol. Oh and Evana, I’ve settled for a Traveller’s card too, this would simply be the easiest. I’m sure whatever local currency we need, we could do a quick exchange..Switzerland uses the Swiss franc..

• 16 Jan 2013 RayGold said

RayGold

jai1989 I was a little concerned about the the tour not being definite departure but alot of people have told me that the tour won’t get cancelled.

• 16 Jan 2013 evana_rose said

Default_avatar

Yeah I was abit concerned about this trip not being a definite departure though with the discounted sale I got for the flight – all seats were taken for the earlier dates. Though my travel agent said it’s pretty much guaranteed especially it being on the time of octoberfest. She said those trips have 95% chance of going ahead, unless not enough numbers (which seems unlikely, especially after having 53 people on tour for NZ!) or if theres another reason thats major.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion