Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.
LA - NY: Jul. 02 - Jul. 27 2009
- 21 responses so far
Yes! My sister and I booked this one over the weekend as well as the New York Explorer when we arrive in New York.
So excited but still doesn’t feel like we’ve booked it… it’s still so far away!
Ah cool as! Me and my mate are staying NY and LA before and after the Grand Southern and doing the Hawaiian stopover on the way back. So excited!!
I hope these next nine months fly by.
I’m Daniel by the way. <!--graemlin::)-->
Nice to meet you Daniel! My name’s Nicole and my sister is Elizabeth.
Is this your first trip to the US?
^ Yep. Actually first time out of Australia!
How about you?
It’ll be our first trip to the US and first big travelling adventure on our own!
^ That’s awesome! Should be heaps of fun.
Does anyone know if this is a confirmed tour yet?
Hey guys. I created a facebook group for people doing this tour. Join!!
hi to all its clint and carly here fron griffith nsw we are doin the grand southern also fron july 2 – 27th 09 we cant wait,
I was supposed to be doing the GS on 25th June, but it’s been cancelled, so I’ve rebooked for the 2nd July. It’s completely screwed up all my flights and travel arrangements, and I don’t think I’ll get any kind of refund, but I really, really wanted to do this trip!
I really want to do this tour on these dates- but haven’t booked yet. I have a friend of mine looking into how many places are left on the tour- fingers crossed I can get myself organised before/if it books up!
hey everyone! <!--graemlin::)-->
Just wondering if anyone knows if this tour is fully booked yet??….its just that when I am on the web page for the GS and I am looking at the dates and prices it wont let me see the 2nd of July and it wont let me request to book for it either. :S…maybe its just my crappy computer though…any help appreciated! <!--graemlin::)-->
I received this email from Contiki:
Thanks for your email!
Grand Southern 02-Jul-2009 is not appearing on our website as it has been booked out. Status in our system is now showing CL (closed).
If you have any other enquiries please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Carly and I(Nick) are locked in now too. Cost us a fair bit because they cancelled the June 25 tour, and we needed to change all our flights to suit this tour, but at least the tour is booked out so hopefully this one is golden. This will be my second trip to the US and Carly’s first. Outside of the tour we are spending a week in San fran, we’re staying at the Stovalls inn in LA for bout 4 days. We have 5 days in New york after the tour and then Hawaii for a week on the way home.
Hi Nick and Carly – I’m really glad you’re on this tour now as well! I think I’ve sorted my plans now, and it’s good to know this tour seems to be fully booked…I can get on with booking hotels and internal flights now. Like you I’m going to spend some time in San Fran and probably San Diego and LA with a couple of days in Anaheim. Then I’m going up to Montreal for a couple of weeks as my mum lives there.
Costing me much more than I’d planned, but what the hell!
Some good news for those of us thinkng of going to Universal Studios.
Fire-damaged Universal Studios backlot to reopen
1 day ago
LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Fire-damaged areas of Universal Studios’ famous backlot — a popular Los Angeles tourist attraction — will reopen to the public later this year, according to officials.
<!--graemlin::)--> Hi all, im thinking of joining this tour! very last minute decision, need to get away and have a awesome holiday! im abby by the way 24 female from New Zealand
woops just realised i put 24! im actually 23!!!
There’s quite a few of us on this tour – there’s a facebook page but I don’t know the URL. I’m sure if you go to facebook and do a search for “Grand Southern July 2nd 2008” or something like that, you’ll find us!
So has everyone on this tour joined the facebook group yet?
We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.